RUMOR REPORT: YR Fires Vet!!!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For the record, even though Davidson did her best with the million characters they gave her, I never understood the hype many Reilly era fans gave her. A lot of it was fun, but a lot was tedious and you could noticeably tell towards the end that Davidson was burnt out.

Some of her facial expressions (not squarely as Susan, but as Kristen too) were hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

• Members

Could Sony have been playing hardball to get her to return to DAYS since she's more needed there?

I for one would LOVE for Kristen to return. I can do without Susan Banks. And I actually think Tomlin & Whitesell could do Kristen justice.

• Members

IA. To me, ED was better off staying at B&B (although, yes, I realize that was just a sort of "holding pin" for her so she'd be ready for another Y&R return). Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if MAB and Co. decided to send Ashley Abbott to Lake Carlton.

• Members

I would prefer her as Kristen and/or Susan than Ashley at this point. They never wrote good for Ashley. They could make Susan look older since she already doesn't look the same as Kristen so the EJ age difference could work. The only thing that sucks is that Drake is an even worse actor.

• Members

Not me. I don't want her back, if only because it's doomed to fail -- and that's true no matter which character or characters she plays. Kristen, IMO, was irredeemable; and Susan's OTT campiness worked better during the JER era (and even then, I felt as if it would've played much nicer in smaller doses). If either or both came back as they were, people will complain how DAYS remains stuck in the '90s; and if they actually tone down the camp and try to imbue them with more depth, people will complain how Susan and/or Kristen just aren't as thrilling as they used to be.

• Members

That wouldn't work either, because she'd be even less relevant to their canvas now than when she was there.

I think the time has come just to say goodbye to Ashley Abbott and move on.

• Members

Every time this show starts getting good again, sweeps month comes along and everything goes to hell! HATE the idea of Victor and Sharon.....that alone was causing me to consider never watching Y&R again. Fireing Eileen Davidson and keeping Genie Francis insures that I will stop watching! Been watching since Day 1........ it's all over now!

Archived