Dull characters/actors

• Members

Not sure if this is more because of the actor or the role....but I think it can be either one......for example

ATWT:

Duncan...dull as dirt...found him so boring...Michael Swan wasnt much better on B&B

Shannon....another dull character

And I dont mean that they sucked at acting..more that the character was boring..dull

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GL - Frank Cooper, Vanessa Chamberlin, Josh Lewis, Ed Bauer (I only ever saw Peter Simon in the role and, honestly, I used to always think "milquetoast")

GH - Miranda Jax, Lily Corinthos, Rose Kelly, Joe Kelly, Anne Logan, Karen Wexler, Tania Jones (actually, I never found Hilary Edson interesting on AW or GL either)

OLTL - Katrina Carr (Nancy Snyder seemed to speak in a monotone), Marcello Salta, Gretel Cummings, Edwina Lewis, Larry Wolek, Dan Wolek, Brenda McGillis

• Members

GH Alexis Davis. How can a character strive to be the most boring person in town? You got me, but this is what Alexis is all about and has been since day one. Whenever she appears outside of a legal capacity there is sure to be odes to mundane normalcy and soliloquies on the virtues of mediocrity and dullness. Why this character caught on defies all reason. Perhaps Nancy Lee Grahn is a good actress, but I wouldn't know because I have yet to see her in a good story or ever see any story actually improved by her. A story cannot be good if she is in it because her character is an albatross on all dramatic potential any story might have.

• Members

Jason Quartermaine/Morgan. The writing and the acting, although I put more on the acting. There was once a certain soulfulness in Burton's work as Jason Morgan, but that left years before his neck did, replaced by a vacuousness that swallows everything around him. The only time I remember seeing any spark in him was a few scenes with Sarah Brown.

• Members

Soapsuds, I would never describe Shannon O'Hara as dull. I thought the character was a breath of fresh air. I loved her romance with Duncan, her friendship with Lisa, her Lucy/Ethel dynamic with Harriet. Anyone who sticks Barbara Ryan's head in a toilet cannot be described as dull.

Truly dull characters: Tom Hughes, Noah Mayer, Beatrice McKechnie, Brian McColl, Mark Kasnoff, Seth Snyder, Sabrina Hughes, and Jon Lindstrom's version of Craig Montgomery.

Archived