B&B: April 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

She isnt doing anything awful and hasnt been for months. Her last "bad" act was trying to keep Liam from finding Hope in Mexico and really, there was nothing wrong with that. For what its worth, Steffy has been on her bet behavior since marrying Liam last fall. People (mainly the Logans) keep attacking her but she hasnt been doing anything to them since them. She apologized to Katie and tried to make peace with her for what she's done. She doesnt go after Hope, yet Hope keeps going to her to gloat and antagonize her. Brooke keeps badmouthing and threatening her to stop hurting Hope. Rick tried to use and manipulate her. Really Steffy is about minding her business and going about her life. She isnt even trying to win Liam back. She's of the mindset that he will come back to her on his own and he keeps thinking about her, asking about her, going to see her, etc.... Thats all on him. I dont see the Greenlee qualities about her. Maybe in the past, but that hasnt been the case for quite some time now

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does anyone else think Steffy's current look is too much hair? She reminds me of Tawny Kitean (from long ago, not so much lately).

When Ridge said, "That's something I will regret for the rest of my life," I wanted Liam to say, "Which time?" For someone with regrets, he repeated that storyline about 20 times.

I actually LOL when Amber said, "You're telling me I'm not invited to the wedding of my baby's father?" I can't believe she said that. Many times, baby mamas are not at the top of the guest list.

• Members

I think you've put the finger on what I find so insufferable about her---she's never ever held accountable for her actions. Her tricking Liam into marriage isn't supposed "to count" because she's got Bill's support. Her schemes to "keep Hope out of her marriage" aren't supposed to count because, after all, she's married to the guy. The fact she's bad-mouthing Hope while married to Liam isn't supposed to count because she's "only holding Hope to the standards Hope's set up for herself.

Even now, refusing to sign annulment papers isn't her fault, she's simply following the law. It drives me nuts. Steffi's only considered to have integrity because it's been established that she'll do anything she has to do to get what she wants. She's not going to "crawl back" to Liam, but if she can find a legal way to "wait him out" and hope he'll treat her like sloppy seconds, hey---she'll do it. WTFE.

This "crisis" Forrester is in is her fault---not Hope's. Or, it's just as much her fault as Hope's. There would be no "media frenzy" if she had simply had the courage to own up to her schemes and ADMIT she married Liam under false pretenses---ie, hustling up a wedding before he could talk to Hope---and given him an annulment. Instead, she couldn't bear the ridicule of being thought of as "a mistake" and refused. (Actually, I don't understand this "media frenzy" whatsoever---apparently calling a press conference and announcing your engagement to someone who's "married" isn't clear enough for the Moral Outrage Police to give you a pass for a PDA a month later.)

• Members

Physically Hope looks like she may be having a bad reaction to Scamber's pills. She seems lightheaded or maybe having a headache, she also seems to be having trouble with that hand. If this was an IRL situation I'd say she was having a stroke but it's not so I'll just say she's having a bad reaction. Who knows what's in those pills.

• Members

I spent several minutes thinking Caroline was Hope.

I kind of shook my head when they went on about "Caroline lived in this house." Yes, and she was raped there, and died there too. So many happy memories!

I just don't get this Caroline = Caroline thing. She looks a little like her, especially when she smiles or laughs, but she has a totally different personality, hair, and wardrobe. I know they can't have her dress in those old 80's fashions but there must be something closer to how Caroline dressed (for one thing, the old Caroline rarely had cleavage on display).

You know, Susan Flannery looks better than John McCook now. I think the lack of tanning helps.

I wish they'd had Thorne talk about being married to her, although I guess those aren't happy memories.

I do like that they had a little party and that the Forresters were more of a family in this episode.

Didn't Caroline die of leukemia? Why did they have a breast cancer logo? Is the pink ribbon also for leukemia?

While I'm doling out positive comments, today was the best Jacob Young's looked in a while.

• Members

OK. Good grief, Caroline makes Hope look like Steffy. Could she have any more "class, sophistication, blah, blah, blah" and a Frigging Foundation! Thank goodness for Amber and AF ability to keep Amber as unrefined and shoot-from-the-hip. I'm looking forward to more showdowns between Brooke and Amber.

• Members

Ewww, Eric is such a dirty old man. LMAO, did anyone catch the look he gave Caroline as she walked by

LOVE Amber and this time last year she was ruining B&B for me. She was such a sloppy mess today and I loved it.She was so much fun

• Members

It just looked like slapped together footage of random people. I would have preferred it if they'd done a quick interview with Stephanie.

Does anyone else find it hard to believe that Brooke and Stephanie would adore Caroline? I think they would secretly resent her, especially since neither of them were huge fans of the first Caroline.

• Members

No. Brooke has a secret agenda and its all about putting Rick with someone that is not Amber.

Right now Caroline is coming across too perfect. Id love it if she were revealed to be a big fake. What if Brooke is going through all this trouble to push her wtih Rick and Caroline turns out to be just as bad if, not worse than Amber? I want a Valerie Malone type tist with us seeing her in the bathroom ready to smoke some weed or something and that she's an undercover bitch/trouble maker.

• Members

You know the one vibe I got when Caroline was in the house and all the memories - was a haunting. How cool would it be if Amber decided to spook Caroline with the ghost of Aunt Caroline? (Not in the way that Y&R did it with Adam.) If B&B wants to amp the camp factor, this would be it. I do like the next generation Caroline v. Amber over Rick (C v. B over R - 25 years later). I have no problem with repeating history and swapping players - Ridge the solid stoic one (Eric); Brooke the lioness protecting her son (Stephanie) because all these actors/characters have been on the canvas for years. (The whole Caroline thing is brilliant because it taps that same history.) I never thought I'd enjoy B&B this much again after the Posse stuff, but I haven't been this jazzed about a soap in a long time.

Archived