B&B: April 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

Exactly. The main reason she was created was to give the younger generation a female they can screw around with. There really arent many possibilities with just Hope and Steffy (and Allie whenever she's SORASED)

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

lol....up until last week she had no children. Im sure they can say she has 1 or 2 more and we'll all by it. Every single one of her family members now are retconned creations. This extended Spencer family didnt exist when she was on in the 90s

• Members

I don't know if Brad Bell plans on bringing in her father, but if he did it should be someone like Connor Davis. Wasn't there something between him and Karen back in the days? He would be a logical choice. It could also bring stories for the "older" characters. Connor and Ridge disliked each other, and Connor was involved with Brooke.

He was also an attorney, and that is always a useful profession to have on a soap.

• Members

Thanks for the background. It was a little strange that in one line Stephanie warns Caroline that "Amber is damaged," but in the next "she loves her." I'd love to see a Stephanie/Amber mentor storyline. I really wish they hadn't gone there with Amber getting Hope the pills. Amber is such a spitfire that when she gets caught (and, of course, blamed FOR EVERYTHING that happens to Hope), I hope she dished it back to Brooke on all the scandals she's had over the year. I do love the sparring between Brooke/Amber, but it is really hilarious watching Brooke take the high moral ground. LOL

• Members

Karen and Connor had one of those stories which B&B seemed fond of in the mid-90's where he wanted to have sex with her without a condom, or something, and in order to make him pay, she pretended to be pregnant, and pretended to trap him into marriage.

I mostly remember them for this funny/hot scene where they kept kissing and making out in her apartment, slowly undressing. Meanwhile, Sally, Saul, and Darla all ran over there. As Sally opened the front door, Connor's shorts landed near her.

• Members

They are making Caroline a bit too sugary sweet for me. Really, a tattoo of the cancer ribbon? rolleyes.gif They are making her way too perfect! But so far I am LOVING the Rick/Caroline/Thomas developments.

Also loving Amber. Did anyone noticed the incredibly stank look(s) Brooke gave Amber at the party? LMAO. I was expecting to see some gifs in the thread. They were hilarious.

Agreed!

• Members

Amber is owning this show. Move over Steffy! Her entire return has been brilliant, the Bill/Katie stuff, Tawny, the affair and black baby with Marcus and now the fued with Brooke. Hilarious stuff. Right now I'd like them to go there with Caroline and Ridge and turn Caroline into a flawed heroine. Shock us a bit. Brooke wants her there SO BAD and she ends up losing her man to her. That would be classic. And Amber would let Brooke know it.

• Members

I'm not sure if "hey, let's redo an Amber story from ten years ago, only this time with even more bad acting", was brilliant. The show seems to just want to avoid her ties to Marcus and Liam, with good reason, IMO. This story is the first one where I think they're finding her niche

• Members

they arent avoiding any ties to Marcus. Her constantly screaming "Im a Forrester; Im family" throughout the last several episodes is bc of her tie to Marcus. She's using their baby to stamp her place in the family and force her way in. She doesnt have any ties with Liam so there's nothing to avoid there. FYI, its not like they are ignoring that past bc Brooke reminded Rick of what she did to Hope to get him to not trust Amber and Bill/Katie badmouthed her to Caroline over it as well

• Members
well yeah. What do you want her to do? Use the baby to get Marcus back? She doesnt want him and frankly theres much more story potential with Rick and Brooke and utilizing the history there than trying to force a relationship with Marcus

But her schemes against Liam ARE mentioned.I just listed two examples from this past week when they were. Obviously she doesnt have a story with Liam, so its not gonig to be talked about all the time, but the times when it was relevant (Bill informing Caroline of what she's done to his family and Brooke using it as a reminder to Rick), it was used. Heck Hope threw it in her face when Amber tried to make buddy buddy with her 2 weeks ago.

Archived