Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Madonna seems in considerably better voice (and face) than I've seen her in a long time on this new tour. I wasn't sure if it would be like a snuff film based on what I'd seen of her lately, frankly. Her voice is never going to be what it was but it's seemingly improved from recent lows (as has her plastic surgery).

Edited by Vee

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I went to see her last month and I am sorry... I don't get the positive comments. I am huge Madonna fan... or maybe I was... I don't know... BUT.

- we waited more than 2 hours for her and A LOT OF people left. It is really ABSURD to sit more than 3 hours in the end... waiting for her.

- the show is not good. I've been to a lot of her concerts in the past... and I don't know if it's because she is not in good physical condition or if the didn't have time to rehearse because of her health issues... BUT the show sounds bad. Most of the songs have OLD vocals from 80s and 90s and no change has been made.

- she is at 10 percent of her original energy. Yes I get she is older and nearly died, but maybe... she should have kept the sex and seduction style of the show to a minimum, since it's sad to watch someone who at time looks tired... to try to be seductive and sexy. It just felt Baby Jane like. Sad.

- it's NOTHING new, nothing we haven't seen. 

I am sorry, but in the end I regretted giving so much money for this concert, to wait so much... to hear bad audio and watch her struggle to dance.

AND I LOVE HER. Please don't attack me for this. I truly wanted to love it. 

BUT. There are 2 good moments in the show that I really liked. I liked Justify my love, for the whole concept. And I loved Live to Tell.

That's it. 

The first and last songs were wrong in my opinion for a show start and end. And I'm not going to say it's great just because she nearly died and is doing a show. I was actually thinking while watching her live... why isn't this woman at home, recovering. 

It's like if Michael Jackson was to be alive and watching him barely moonwalking. Legends... we just have expectations of them. And people should know when to quit. 

P.S I see that the new dates she has been looking better and more energetic and I hope by the end... she rocks it.