The Madonna Thread

YRBB

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I would not pay to see her today. 1980s or 1990s Madonna? Sure. Confessions Madonna? Maybe. But Madonna of today? Hell no. She is a shell of her former self... she is no longer a leader but a follower, and her habit of being 2+ hours late is unacceptable. I am sincerely hoping this is her farewell for touring, and possibly music altogether, because this just is not it. The set list has some highlights but, overall, it is a FAILURE. Especially relying on those shïtty remixes no one wants to hear.

For comparison: when I went to see P!nk in August, the show was a bit delayed, due to technical difficulties during Pat Benatar's set. As a result, P!nk came out a bit late and did cut two songs, but the show ran smoothly and was out at its expected time. THAT is how a professional is.

• Members

You are 100 percent right. I was A HUGE Madonna fan back in the day and paid to see her 2 months ago, which I still regret. It was an awful experience and she was MADLY late, people were pissed off while watching the show. It was hard not to laugh while she was barely walking in some parts of the show and then the positive reviews blew me away. She has 10 percent energy left and feels like she is doing it just to prove she can still walk on stage. But that is not the Madonna I want to remember. Also the sex and scandal part of the show is way too much and too cringey for words. I think I heard her moan more times than I've heard moaning in real life. It felt like Baby Jane was alive with Bette Davis on the stage at some parts... I wouldn't be so mad if she was not late though... She came after 10, when we should should have came after 8-30. Some people were so bored, they were eating sausages. 

P.S - Just couple of months ago, me and my husband went to see Mylene Farmer - a huge French star, which some say is the French Madonna. She is the same age... and is doing similar type of pop music... Let me say... Mylene Farmer was like a Goddess compared to what we saw from Madonna. That woman aged like fine wine and knew what was right to show and do on stage when she is 65. She came 20 minutes late, and not two hours late. And gave a pristine show. Sang live amazingly. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

@SoapsudsI used to have Madonna's face on a complete wall all through while I was studying my bachelor in acting for dramatic theatre.

Madonna's eyes have seen so much stuff in that room.

It was this exact picture.

Please register in order to view this content