One Life to Live~Thursday, 01.12.12

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nick seems so nice. This is what he said about his Tuesday show.

This is the final week of One Life To Live! After a 43 year run it's all coming to a close. In tomorrow (Tuesday's) episode my character Vimal Patel gets dragged back into some drama at the local hospital. Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in. This is my second to last episode! ABC @2pm.

• Members

But he did get to say Pa and StepNora once!

I wonder if Agnes Nixon came up with that line to describe what OLTL meant to her?

This was a much better episode than the last 2 days! The highlight for me was Viki's voiceover explaining why soaps matter as the camera panned characters that fit her description (recasts nothing like the original with a shot of Blair, characters growing up before your eyes with Starr, etc.). I second another poster's wish that Starr had flashbacks if this was her final day. I actually care about her as opposed to the Balsoms moving away.

I hope tomorrow's episode focuses more on the Buchanan's and less on Destiny's family. Her brother and his girlfriend didn't fit into the episode, imo.

• Members

I haven't seen the whole thing yet, but I was an absolute wreck watching those speeches, especially Viki's. It was close to a lot of stuff I've tried to say about soaps in the last couple years, only about a thousand times more articulate and elegant. I could not stop crying.

I'm pleased this is not the end for the Mannings - who were great together - and I hope to see others pop up in Port Charles as guests, but OLTL has been a part of me for over half my life. This is getting very rough.

(Also, nice sig montages, but no Todd and Blair in the couples - classy)

• Members

The thing that is SO typically flawed OLTL, is that the show has ALOT to live up tomorrow.. This pentultimate episode was so brilliant in every way that I almost feel it IS the finale. I really don't know how the show can top itself tomorrow.. Not a huge Destiny fan so I am praying that the show does not focus to heavily on that storyline which is kind of weak as it is..

Almost every scene in that 15 second finale promo aired today, so tomorrow is a big surprise..

Erika's speech was simply perfect. My grandparents did get me watching OLTL in the summer of 1985 and that part just killed me.

So grateful for this show and the memories it represents.

2 pm on a weekday will always remind me of OLTL.

Archived