DAYS: December Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm actually going to dissent and say that I don't think the montage stripped away anything we would've otherwise had. That royalty-free song was horrible, of course, but it's not like there was any remaining dialogue to play. Will was already trashing the kitchen in the previous scene. Everyone else was just sitting and staring at stuff. I just didn't think there was anything that needed to be said in that final kitchen scene -- Chad and Sonny rushed in and grabbed Will, presumably yelling stuff like "Stop!" and "What the hell are you doing?", and Melanie rushed over to Gabi.

I want to see MORE of the scene on Monday, in terms of follow-up, but I don't think we missed any brilliant dialogue opportunities in those ten seconds.

More ridiculous to me was that fact that Abby went to the Pub to get dinner rolls and then spent a good ten minutes just staring at Austin and Carrie.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's the damn scarf all over again! Abby and Austin staring back at each other just like EJ/Taylor. And if Carrie is made to look stupid like Nicole did, then that's a litttle ridiculous. You'd think her shady bitch detector would be in perfect condition after dealing with Sami for years.

• Members

For me, I think its obvious the direction they are going. They are makign it a big point to mention how Austin will be teaching at Salem U and Abby goes there. I bet he becomes her teacher and she becomes infatuated with it. She will most likely develop a crush and will be there to comfort him when he gets on the outs with Carrie. I can see Austin maybe rejecting her and Abby lying about him coming onto to her and possibly sex, which will cause a scandal and have him fired from his job. I dont think Austin will actually go there with her but I definetly see her causing trouble by making people think he did. Considering Jack will work there too, he'll probably punch Austin in the school

• Members

I tried to watch some of this week starting with Monday's episode, but I soon became frustrated. I thought the John / Brady scenes were especially strong, but Hogestyn / Martsolf had excellent chemistry back in 2008 before John left. Their relationship is one I would like to see explored more as time goes on as Brady is a rather gray character for a show that is big on black / white.

I found the Quinn / Madison / Kate scenes were odd. Do the heads of the business really deal with merchants on that level? I found Madison's comment about Sami's thoughts on Kate a bit off putting. I could see why Sami would talk sh*^t about Kate, but I always worry about the show reverting back to it old ways rather than looking at the complicated nature of their relationship.

Did any of the Jack / Abigail stuff happen prior to Monday's episode? By that, I mean did we see Abigail write the article or did we see Jack submit it? I feel like weeks worth of story was told in 5 minutes. I was rather disappointed.

What were the strongest episodes last week? Wednesday and Friday?

• Members

I was fine with the ornament thing happening early as soon as they mentioned it -- not sure why. I guess because it feels more like a personal tradition than a plot thing to me, at this point, so I was like, "Oh, this seems weird to them, too!"

However, the lack of immediate follow-up on the kitchen debacle was really annoying. I wanted to see how Will explained that to his friends, what Gabi told everyone had happened, etc. Really dumb to jump ahead when they could've done the Bo/Hope stuff on the same night and probably just pushed the John stuff until tomorrow.

Totally teared up at the discussion of Zack, though. I love that they still acknowledge him, and not only acknowledge, but really discuss the fact that Bo and Hope lost a child almost six years ago.

Archived