October 31 - November 4, 2011

Toups

• Members

Well I'll admit it, Days is in trouble . I was going to wait for the sweeps and I still should but I myself am concerned at this point. So glad Y&R fell again.

But I'll add this. it's still early and I know it does take a while for new writers to get things in place. If MarDar van't deliver in NOV that's fine. By Feb they would have had plenty of time to get things rocking.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Chew scored a 0.7 in women 18-49 last week, and tied with GH in women 18-34 at 0.4. This week last year, AMC had a 0.8 in women 18-49, and a 0.5 in women 18-34....meaning this is a net win for ABC so far. We'll see how The Revolution does compared to OLTL. Regardless, GH is not going beyond next September.

• Members

It amazes me that some pretty loyal Days fans here (Jack, Daytimefan) are even disliking the show... I tried two episodes and could find no connection/interest. This was 2 months ago. What exactly is the show trying to do? When I read synopses it appeared that some of the storylines seem quite topical and timely, then you have the return of all these favorites. In theory it sounds great.. Is the show just plain boring? Are the vets they brought back useless at this point? I really expected DAYS to be the comeback kid and easily # 3 in the ratings due to its large reserve of fans. How is the dialogue, ect??

• Members

The writers have a 90s mentality and the show is supposed to be a throwback to the early 90s. Problem is 20 years has passed and the show and the characters have evolved, so this regression is a huge step backwards adn thats not a good thing. Its the same ol same ol that we've seen before. Jack is acting like a buffoon as Jen is torn in the middle between he and random guy X. Marlena and John are blaming Stefan for all of their problems. There's stupid manufactured drama between Sami, Austin, Carrie, with now Rafe added to the mix. The gay storyline is non-existant, at least now, and instead the teens have this stupid internet story which is boring and makes no sense. Victor and Maggie, a popular older couple have been marginalized. Dont even get me started on the retcon that Daniel and Melanie are now her kin.The only two interesting stories are Kate vs Madison and EJ vs Abe for mayor, and neither is featured much at all. I have no idea why Im still watching to be honest as its so boring. Its not GH boring yet bc theres at least some stuff I find interesting such as EJ and Nicole's chemistry as well as whats going on with Brady/Madison, but there are times where I feel like just FF

• Members

I am always rooting for DAYS...but not now. In fact, I'd be happy if it was cancelled tomorrow, I find the show insulting.

By going to the '90s the show is regressing, returning to a less developed state. John, Marlena, Austin, Carrie, Jack...they all had their day and burned themselves out into irrelevance because they were never, ever, written differently and this regime is no exception. We're looking at 90s scenarios in 2011. Why would I want to watch the same characters in the same storylines as if their experiences didn't teach them a damn thing?

It all reads as manufactured and contrived. I know how it's all going to end as it is, so why should I bother watching?

Added to that is that the returns, particularly Patrick Muldoon and Matthew Ashford, are not actors I particularly enjoy watching. I don't find them charismatic. I just find that they're there they annoy me while they're at it. So I can't be bothered to stomach watching them. DAYS used to entertain me, now it irritates me and life's too short to endure that.

As well, the characters I do enjoy, Kate, Stefano, Lexie, Chad, Sonny, Maggie, Brady, Madison, Bo and Victor, are all on the sidelines, they have crumbs of storyline to play with and while the actors are capable of wonderful work they aren't being given the chance to lead any storline.

And then the convoluted mess that is Sami/EJ/Nicole doesn't seem to be changing and while I enjoy each actor and character on their own, the triangle is played out and I've come to the end of my tether with the narrative.

I find the show boring, lifeless and a total throwback and not in the good way.

The dialogue at DAYS has never been outstanding and this regime is no different, which I don't fault them for. The sets look cheap as hell, but again, that never really bothered me, though I think the Horton Town Square is an outrageously bad waste of money because it looks so cheap.

Overall, this is the absolute worst I have seen DAYS and that's saying something. The ratings seem to be going with me.

• Members

I guess this is my biggest problem with Days in the end... I feel like someone put warmed-over leftovers in a microwave and served them to the viewers. And where's the balance? How can you root for the younger characters if they're only on one or two days a week?

I do want this team to succeed, because I sure don't want the "haters" to drive away more writers/actors. However, give me a strong storyline while you're at it. That's lacking.

And do NOT get me started on Ejami. This has potential to make me throw up.

• Members

I say to this day the achilles heal for the past 10-12 years has been their impatience with their younger cast. They had Belle, Shawn, Chloe, Phillip, Mimi, Chelsea, Nick, Nathan probably some I am missing that should have grown into characters on the show leading or interacting at this point in A storylines. Who is there? Melanie.. Thats it, So they resort to bringing characters and pairings played out, go back to things like EJ.Sami.Nicole who may have had the buzz for the past few years but are also overexposed and played out, and have done little to help the show evolve either. And the storylines while good on paper have gone no where. Somewhere there is a mayoral election going on on Days but where it is I have no clue. And dont get me started on Jack, Jennifer Daniel which to me is the worst of the worst. I am looking forward to whats coming because something is finally happening that has the potential to shake things up. But this reboot IMO is a result of listening to pockets of fans on message boards who have been crying about Tomlin and Higley and their hatred for their version of Days for 3 years now.

Archived