October 31 - November 4, 2011

Toups

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Re: Higley era. From the month she took over up until Grace died was great. After grace died until that Nov it was a bit slow, but i still really liked the show. Then the sydnapping happened, and that was a down phase for me and the show tho i kept watching. I enjoyed the majority of 2010, and the start if rafe 2. But man.. did 2011 Days suck.

As for MarDar, so far i dont even hate it, i just feel nothing. there is no investment from me at all. I love Marlena, Austin, and jennifer. Sadly they are ruined/wasted on John, carrie and Jack. So their returns did nothing for me. I miss Chloe and Carly (and Nathan, among others). There is just something not clicking. I am hoping that will turn around tho.

• Members

As a fan of Days from the supercouple era, naturally I'll gravitate to Austin/Carrie, Jack/Jennifer, etc. But the story has to be there with it and yes, so far it seems the stories involving these people are warmed over.

The thought of Ejami makes me throw up, but the story surrounding it and what happens suggests to me that the upcoming stuff could be pretty damn good. I think Marlene and Darrell know what they're doing (or at least they're trying).

• Members

I'm with you. I HATE what Tomlin/Higley did to Days and dared to hope that maybe there was at least some truth to the hype over the new team but it was all just that, hype. They brought back some vet characters but otherwise, the show is exactly like it was under Tomlin/Higley. Days may have done well under them for 2009, but in Feb. 2010 the ratings started falling fast and never recovered. With the reboot, the ratings went up a bit the first week and now they are back at about the same place they were prior to the reboot. That isn't suprising to me because like I said, they really haven't changed anything from what wasn't working under Tomlin/Higley.... and now with the announcement of their latest plans for the show, it's clear that they plan on repeating all of the same mistakes over and over and over again....

Days' best chance of recovery is to win back the million+ viewers that left between Feb. 2010-present. They left recently enough to be the most likely to return ... and I just don't see any soap picking up significant numbers of new viewers to offset the lost of their veteran viewers. Days had reached over 3 million viewers by the week of Feb. 8th 2010 and was 2nd for the first time since 2004 and then the bottom fell out big time. I have my own theory on what happened but regardless, any business that is going strong for a year and then suddenly loses a third of their customers in less than 6 months time should take a long hard look at what they did wrong and fix it... and from what I'm reading about upcoming stories, Days has learned nothing.

Archived