October 31 - November 4, 2011

Toups

• Administrator

Sometimes it takes many months for a new regime to settle in. Maybe they're going to be the opposite of Hogan Sheffer, whose first 3 months at DAYS was really good (things were moving fast, lots of great episodes, lots of action, good cliffhangers), then it all went downhill. M&D are rookie HWs, so if they're making mistakes, I just hope they will learn from what is happening now, and correct things for the episodes/stories they're writing now. It's not like they are recycled HWs to keep making the same mistakes over and over. I still have faith that the show will get better.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You dont make a HUGE deal of a relaunch and returning vets setiing off story and how amazing it is going to be and then do... nothing.

If anything, in their time they have made the show worse than Dena did. And that is saying somthing. Sept-now is on bar at least with Jan-Aug. Its mot even awful, its worse than that, its a bore and the ratings really do show that.

I have no doubt it will get better, they just better hope its not to late.

• Members

Honestly DAYS is just done. Period.

When AMC went off air Sept 23, DAYS SHOULD have gotten some AMC to watch the show since it competed with AMC in many areas.

But DAYS has just been horrible. Worse the GH at this point. There is NO movement within storylines, I HATE John and thought another pointless vet brought back just to save face.

It's ALL TO LITTLE TO LATE. Korday has just got to learn it the hard way.

But GO OLTL!

• Members

The show is just as boring as when Dena was writing it. So that's why the ratings are still bad.

I never believed a soap audience jumping to another show but ever since AMC was cancelled...B&B's numbers have gone up. It seems the AMC viewers went to B&B.

I don't know how many years Days is signed to but I dont see the show lasting much longer.

• Members

But Toups we all know that writers simply don't have many months to settle in. They just don't any longer, the audience moves on and once it goes it doesn't come back. DAYS tapes so ahead that we'll have months of this crap before M&D are able to correct course, if they even feel they should.

Sure, they didn't recycle HWs...but they sure as hell did recycle storylines. In fact, they're recycling a decade!

• Members

It will be 2013 and I will still be waiting for you know who to come out....lol

Things are moving just too slowly.....

I remember them saying way back in the summer they had already taped the Halloween show...and I think they are already taping the January shows.

• Members

There is absolutely no way Days is worse than GH. GH is at Y&R level or worse now. GH is desperate based on the rumored storyline coming.

If Days wanted AMC viewers they should have hired a Michael Knight or Debbie Morgan or Jacob Young. Aside from Lucci, those 3 probably had the best chance o bring over AMC viewers. None of their so called stars(CM, AM, RB) really have that much of a legacy with AMC to have brought fans over IMO. Plus they aren't that good.

One of the things they should have looked at changing was their taping schedule. 3 months ahead doesn't allow the writers to fix anything quick enough if something is not working in a timely enough fashion and not every story no matter how magnificant the writer might be clicks.

• Members

This just feels like the most bottomed week for soaps ever. The PP news with the AMC delay, The Chew's ratings, and now DAYS. We just keep taking losses as soap fans and I'm wondering when were ever going to find this first win.

DAYS has been hella boring since the reboot. I liked what they had during late part of the spring and summer way better. I'm not even sure if the stunt casting was necessary but at least they tried though so I'd have to give them credit for that. Hopefully the writing gets better but right now not enjoying it all.

At least B&B and OLTL are continuing strong numbers.

• Members

To me though, DAYS' problems are the easiest to solve of any of the four remaining soaps. When I watch Y&R, I can't make it too far into an episode because I just go, "Who's that? Who's that? Who's that?" The show has been recast into a Shefferian oblivion. And GH is a train wreck; I can't with that show either. B&B I used to love as terrific trash TV but I have been there and done that with that show and they have really failed at creating the next generation to carry on the show. If/when Susan Flannery decides to retire they are so so so f***ed.

DAYS has the most recognizable cast in daytime right now. They have young characters, thirtysomethings, and vets that the audience cares about. They have their family structure intact and Salem is still the same place I remember it being. With DAYS the structure for a good soap is still there, they just need better stories. I can't deem the reboot a total failure because it has made Salem an inviting place again, it's just the kind of trip that looks good in a brochure and then there's nothing to do when you get there. So if they fixed that, it'd be a great show. But out of any soap, DAYS' problems are the easiest to fix.

Archived