GH: Actor out

• Members

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/ghs-jonathan-jackson-out

Digest has learned that Jonathan Jackson (Lucky) will be leaving his GH home in early 2012. While the show would not confirm, insiders say that it's a done deal. The four-time Emmy winner rejoined the soap in late 2009 after a 12-year absence, and took home his most recent Emmy statuette earlier this year. There's no word yet if the show plans to recast.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL.

He is a very overrated actor. I'm not surprised he's leaving at all. I was surprised he lasted three years. I figured he'd pull a Vanessa Marcil.

The writing for the character is also very crappy. Like it is for the rest of the Spencer family.

• Members

Here's a shocker. TV Guide Magazine has learned that four-time Emmy winner Jonathan Jackson has decided to leave General Hospitaland his role as Lucky Spencer and will shoot his final scenes November 17. A rep for the ABC soap says "we can neither confirm nor deny" that Jackson is out. Word from the set is that the beloved and acclaimed actor is exhausted from a heavy work schedule and months of a harrowing storylines that have included the death of Lucky's child and the character's addiction to drugs. Sources say Jackson had attempted to get GH execs to lighten his schedule with no luck. He also wanted to be romantically reteamed with Rebecca Herbst (Liz) but struck out there, too. The actor has already completed his final scenes with TV dad Tony Geary (Luke). Look for Jackson to be off the air by mid-to-late December.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/General-Hospital-Jonathan-Jackson-1039459.aspx

Archived