GH: Actor out

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, I'm sad JJ is out at GH, but the writing has been on the wall for sometime. Can't say I blame him either. I never liked Lucky/Siobhan. On top of that, Ever since Lucky left town and went on this "Irish-Siobhan-whatever-you-wanna-call-it" adventure, I've fast forwarded ALL of those scenes. It's boring, and nobody cares. In my opinion, Lucky should be back in Port Charles, taking care of his kids, helping poor Liz (yes, I know many of you hate her, lol.) and working on things with Luke and LuLu. Lucky has went been on a dark, dangerous path the last year, he should be interacting with the people in his life, not this pathetic mystery.

• Members

Is it just me or is that interview a series of contradictions(not by JJ by the way)

1. Lucky is too important a character to be put on the backburner yet he was there for 10 years straight

2. Lucky is too important a character yet they won't recast or won't work with JJ to lighten his schedule

3. Lucky is so important a character, he gets no real exit story?

4. JJ wanted to work with TG and RH(which he has) and wanted LL2 but I don't know that I heard him threaten to walk when RH was fired and I have never gotten the divo vibe from JJ as much as I don't care for him

5. GH has no issue working with TG and SBu's scheduling demands but with JJ they do?

6. Nice to see how characters like Alexis or Robin or Tracy are not that important so the show has no issues in putting them onthe backburner

Basically he got the same brushoff people like Vanessa Marcil got in 2003, Genie Francis got in 2002, Kristina Wagner did in 2005 except this time for a change it actually happened to a man which is uncharacteristic for ABC and GH

I am not convinced they wanted him to resign that much and its likely more about money than anything

• Members

He highlights some problems with the way soaps are run these days, the non-stop sturm und drang for certain characters. Some of them are always in the middle of some emotional turmoil. It's relentless.

Take Sharon on Y&R for example. That character hasn't has room to breathe in 6 years (since Cassie died). She's gone from insane situation to insane situation. It's to the point where you don't care what mess they're in anymore. There's no breathing room at all.

The fact that they apparently refuse to reunite Lucky and Liz is BAFFLING. They're your last supercouple, GH. Way to throw that all away because someone there hates Becky Herbst.

• Members

I dont to this day feel this show values or has ever valued BH. I still dont but I dont think they value any women on that show. Its why there is not one strong actress in the 40 and under group. THe last one they had was Sarah Brown and once she left the tone and writing for the women on this show changed. It actually coincides with when JFP took over because the writing for Carly changed when SBr was still on canvas.

But GH and AMC especially have a history of burning through story for characters in too short a time but they don't ever back off and the audience gets sick of seeing them because they are on ALL THE TIME. I think the problem with Sharon is a bit different in that she is not on all the time but gets one victim of the month story after another and has for going on 6-7 years now.

• Members

Yeah, AMC basically killed any interest I had in Kendall/Ryan/Greenlee/Zach by having them on almost every single day for like 7 years. It's exhausting to see the same characters continuously in heightened drama day in and day out. And it makes no sense from a production standpoint either, you have irritated and tired actors give lackluster performances and writers and producers clearly grasping for story to tell that isn't repetitive (or they just give up and repeat the same tired [!@#$%^&*] they've been telling for a decade).

And yeah it's not that Sharon is on every day (as far as I know), it's just that her life is this crazy train that they won't let her off for even a few months.

• Members

Plain and simple Frons hates BH and I honestly believe he was PISSED that the fans saved her job. I read Guza wanted her out, but Phelps didn't and Phelps also fought for her, don't know how true that is.

I believe the non stop "Liz is the whoriest whore who ever whored" bashing by the GH writers is a DEMAND by Frons. He doesn't want JJ Lucky tained by that whore Liz *rme*

• Members

I just dont buy fans save anyones job on GH or ABC. THat may be the spin the PR machine put together to make themselves look better in the eyes of the fans and it could even be what JFP told BH. I think someone backstage saved her job. If fan uproar could not save the Quartermaines from extermination or bring back Genie Francis I just don't believe it saved anyone. I know BH has a lot of fans but so does Genie,as did Stuart Damon. It certainly did not save AMC or OLTL from cancellation. Same as I dont believe Bob Guza was fired for any reason other than money since he has had one failure after another on GH and it never mattered before. Especially considering his replacement is even worse than he was.

As for Frons being behind the Liz bashing, I doubt he cares. I always thought it was JFP based on her track record with women.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived