October 10-14, 2011

Toups

• Members

I should have known the people here would be hard on Days. It doesn't happen over night. They need time. Yes Days had a bad week, but it's only one. Let's wait to see how these stories play out and the numbers as well. People are so quick to label the changes a flop. I for one LOVE DAYS and make it a point to see it every day.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks Toups. Well said. This team needs more time. We all know it takes months to years for stories to play out. That's why we watch soaps right? If you want instant gratification I suggest twitter or face book. That's the problem many want instant gratification and forget what the soap formula is. It takes time to tell stories.

• Administrator

Exactly. Just look at the recent big return - Roger Howarth returning to OLTL. When he showed up on screen, ratings didn't immediately go up. It wasn't until he had scenes with his family that the ratings started to go up. It takes months and time to build up a story. That's why I'm not jumping off the deep end right now.

• Members

Good for oltl going back up it has to be building from it's chew lead in by 600000 to 800000. Teameric oltl had some good months in 2011 Aka February, April and august and still viewers sled but it was highest viewing month. Find it interesting oltl Is building. Days IMO I knew would bomb it doesn't have a hot story ala oltl had with two todds. Oltl had a building explosive story. Days had some returns but nothing exciting

• Members

Also interesting to me Monday was the holiday well Columbus day isn't really huge holiday that OLTL higher rated viewing days were non Holiday days and Friday their highest day. OLTL IMO this is good news especially with such a pittiful lead-in and I honestly can't wait to see what they do PP wise with the show.

• Members

Outside of the snow storm weeks, the only time I see fluctuating that much last year was in July. GH had much wilder swings last year.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="width: 388px" width="387"> <colgroup> <col /> <col /> </colgroup> <tbody> <tr height="19"> <td height="19" style="width: 131px; height: 19px"> July 5-9 2010</td> <td style="width: 257px"> 5. OLTL 2,463,000 (+276,000/+13,000)</td> </tr> <tr height="19"> <td height="19" style="height: 19px"> July 12-16 2010</td> <td style="width: 257px"> 7. OLTL 2,264,000 (-199,000/-183,000)</td> </tr> <tr height="19"> <td height="19" style="height: 19px"> July 19-23 2010</td> <td style="width: 257px"> 5. OLTL 2,450,000 (+186,000/-110,000)</td> </tr> <tr height="19"> <td height="19" style="height: 19px"> July 26-30 2010</td> <td style="width: 257px"> 6. OLTL 2,331,000 (-119,000/-243,000)</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

• Members

Actually OLTL lost some viewers the first 2 months of RH's return. It wasn't until the Howarth vs St. John confrontations started that viewership started its spike. The who is the real Todd Manning promos created a lot of buzz everywhere and were a great hook to lure viewers to watch.

• Members

B&B is really doing well, and deserves its success.

I don't believe the 1.7 is a dangerous number for DOOL, since the threshhold for what is "acceptable" is much lower at NBC than it is at ABC or CBS. If the soap was on another network, it would have already been cancelled.

• Members

September was also a good month with 2.7 million viewers. But OLTL been trending downward from those August big highs, and their demos have suffered. OLTL hasn't broken 700,000 again in the 18-49 demos nor owned first place in 18-34 again.

Anyhoo, glad I was right OLTL managed a nice gain despite the poor lead-in from The Chew. That proves we can't blame all the lead-in for drops.

Archived