October 10-14, 2011

Toups

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B&B had a huge week, two days of 2.4s, I haven't seen that in a while from the show. They clearly know what their doing over there and really don't on Y&R but I would rather see Y&R have more weeks like this past one than what they've been getting lately. To me this is the best of the soaps right now.

The Chew has messed up OLTL's momentum during the summer which is getting me pissed but at least their still hanging tough there.

I'm starting to enjoy GH lately for the first time in months and I mean months like earlier in the year. Crazy Lisa always brings me in but at least the episodes are good when she's on.

DAYS had a disappointing week but the numbers aren't as bad as I thought they would be in the dailies. Truth is I enjoyed DAYS more when Crystal Chappell as Carly and Tamara Braun was on there as Taylor. I kind of haven't liked what I've seen since the reboot started and I'm wondering if other fans feel the same way about that. I really wish they can bring Carly back at least since I don't think they'll bring Braun back. The writing is not really good and the chemistry with the actors seem off right now. They should've kept what they had in the summertime and built off of it. John & Marlena is doing okay but its the rest of the show that I'm having a real problem with right now.

Has anybody noticed that all of the soap replacements (The Talk, Let's Make a Deal, The Chew) rank in at the bottom of the daytime ratings?

• Members

Sorry but I don't think you can compare DAYS's major reboot to RH returning. That was simply one character who returned without much promo from the network and for weeks had no story - or even dialogue - and just lurked around, so yes, the ratings didn't immediately spike. DAYS did a major reboot, brought back numerous characters, built a new set, had a story honoring Tom and Alice Horton, and NBC heavily promoted the show. It was all about a new DAYS. For the show to land at the bottom of the pack in viewers and pull in a 1.7 (and YES, I get that advertisers look for demo ratings and the four soaps are tied this week) has to be disappointing.

And I don't buy the "they have to build up the story" excuse. They had months while they languished at the bottom of the ratings to set things up so that when Sept 26th rolled around, they'd be off with a bang.

• Members

I noticed that too. In some instances, they were well ahead of GH. When's the last time GL could boast that...? unsure.png

I'm not surprised by DAYS' drop. It's okay, but it's very blah. Certainly not gripping television that's making me want to tune in. The week of September 26th was the only time I made a point to watch it on the day it aired, instead of catching up days later on DVR.

• Members

I'm gong to say this again. I am and will continue to be a staunch defender of my show Days. It TAKES TIME TO BUILD STORY! THe reason we watch soaps is for the slow paced storylines that takes time to tell. MarDar are rebuilding this show from he ground up. I can really see that.

Let me be clear Days is not perfect, but it's good. Better that Y&R. Nov sweeps are around the corner. Let's see what they can do.

• Members

Also where is ABC's big CHEW RELEASE? LMFAO. Wheres all their stupid spin? Frons is an idiot. WHat makes ABC daytime look so stupid is they said soaps are a thing of the past and dated. People want more relatity educational programming. Yet ABC's biggest new drama is Revenge a soap. Its the highest rated drama in five years in slot for ABC, stable four weeks running and doing 72 percent better in viewers and 90 percent better in the demo LMFAO. Revenge rocks my world by the way, if anyone saw this weeks episode it was soap nirvana IMO. So FRONS is getting a dose of reality soaps are far from over IDIOT.

• Members

Well I certainly agree that DAYS is better than Y&R. At least the ho-hum stories on DAYS involve people I actually recognize!

Someone behind the scenes at DAYS needs to find a better lighting director fast! No matter how pretty the new Horton Townsquare is, everything looks too fake, plastic, cardboard, and cheap. Darker, moody lighting, shadowing, etc. would do wonders for the look of the show. Look at how OLTL does it and take note!

Archived