ATWT: P&G to release ATWT DVD Collection

dragonflies

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I believe so. It's also a matter of technology more than the "want to" of the project. These are old master tapes that have to go up on a machine, get encoded, edited, etc. There are only so many machines and this is one of many projects the company works on. And there's not even room for all the tapes to come out of storage. They really are going as fast as they can. Every time I'm there I see an old episode with Rita, Eva, Ben, Amanda, Jennifer, etc, going through one of the machines. However long it takes, it's going to be beyond my wildest dreams as a fan to have all these available someday with the click of a button.

• Members

Haha, funnily enough, I'm reading through the thread tonight and saw this! I got the entire set for Christmas this year- I actually planned it as a Christmas gift since I found out about the release. So I waited to have my parents pay for it until December and by then, the Christmas episodes were also released and I got both releases for $24.95 and didn't have to pay for shipping (well, they didn't anyway.) I just started watching them the past two days and have been LOVING them. So far, I watched the entire Villains & Vixens DVD, and am on the last episode ("Luke Comes Out") of the "Secrets & Scandals" DVD. Which, of course, is the 2nd Collier episode thusfar (WOOT!)

I'm glad that others noticed that the John Dixon episode is dated wrong. So did we ever get the exact 1981 airdate that it actually is?

I plan on posting more about them as I go along, but here's what stood out in my mind:

I LOVED the 1979 episode and yes, Lisa's storyline was a standout. But I enjoyed everything with Bob, Dana, and the Ballet as well. It was certainly a little less confusing than the 1981 ep, though I enjoyed it too.

The James Steinbeck Returns episode was extremely entertaining, though I admit I am liking Margaret Colin more & more as Margo as I'm seeing her. But Hilary Bailey Smith is pretty good here and of course, Colleen Zenk is excellent.

I'd like to see more of Susan. It kills me that much of Susan's heydey (the early to mid 70s) it seems is unavailable, or at least not continuous. I'd KILL to see some of the episodes that have been discussed at length here, especially the climax of her story with Liz & Dan (I believe?) and her drinking in the 70s, which ultimately was how Masters was written off the 1st time.

So far, so good though. I'm enjoying the hell out of sitting around the house & watching my ATWT DVDs. Tomorrow's actually supposed to be cool for Orlando (Lows in the 40s, Highs in the low 60s) so I should get another 1 or 2 in. Sounds like Christmas may be my next pick.

• Members

speaking of the episodes...does anyone remember what Craig is talking about when Lyla comes to visit him in jail (steve&betsy's wedding episode) and tells her he "doesn't have any more information" for her? (BTW, scenes like that are why Block was such an abomination in the role to me, and proof Goutman and Sheffer completely botched Craig's return. I literally wish I could rub every last Block fan's nose in that scene and show them how bad he really was.)

• Members

When Block first showed up people used to say that how he behaved was the "real" Craig, because Craig had done bad things...in 1982 and 1983...and then he became a wimp. Oddly enough, as the character spent years and years and years as a one-note punk, I stopped hearing this "real" Craig and people just seemed to see him as the eyesore he was.

When Craig was in prison, he overheard someone plotting to kill Frank Andropolous. He tried to learn more, even though he was told he'd be killed if he didn't stop. That's why he was beaten.

You can find a little more in this episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_T5dwwoRJs

• Members

LOL I know objectively that episode is pretty bad, but subjectively I'm loving it. I totally remember watching it -- at the time I'm wondering why it didn't seem weird to have the same 3 models walking down the runway five times. Also these clothes are awful, not sure if they're just dated or if they're really that bad.

Yuck, one of the worst things about the Laiman era was the dialogue. That's one of the first things that improved under Sheffer. EDIT -- Sure thing, I check the closing credits at the end and of course Lynn Martin wrote the dialogue... lol, really takes me back, I would be able to call when it was a "Lynn Martin day." Damn how did she stay employed for so long? That dialogue was atrocious. And she never really improved.

It's SO weird seeing Carly and Barbara being nice to each other, wtf? lol I'm loving this. And there's Camille. Can't remember what she was doing on the show here, for some reason I thought she was already gone by then. Once Brad was gone I don't remember her sticking around long?

LOL at Eddie calling Tom "man" twice in one scene, lmao.

Archived