ATWT: P&G to release ATWT DVD Collection

dragonflies

• Members

I wanna watch the next one now :( And the one after that, and the one after that. 2000 was such a year of incredible highs and lows for ATWT and I wanna experience it all again -- from the woman with the boots who ended up being Simon's sister, to Lily and Simon being stuck on an island for weeks and weeks and weeks on end. I would love to be super masochistic and watch it all over again.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought Bianca was a good extension of Lucinda's character. She was, essentially, Lucinda's pet, and the "perfect" daughter she never had a chance to have in Lily or Lucinda. As a character in her own right, I agree that she wasn't all that interesting, but I thought she made for potentially more interesting dynamics in the Walsh family. I think that they could have eventually had her like Saffron to Lucinda's Edwina.

I mostly want to see those scattered 70's episodes which are available. After that I'd love a stream of the Marland years, as I remember that having a very good day-to-day flow.

• Members

That's the thing Bianca wasn't interesting and neither was the actress.

I want to see the Ruxton Hills stuff....Lucinda losing her company, The Steve vs Craig stuff again...The McColls again and the Whit murder and the CC murder to name a few.

It was nice seeing Betsy and Steve's cabin in the new years eve episode.

• Members

Bianca was the perfect daughter that accepted Lucinda in spite of her schemes. She wasn't as much a character in her own right as a touchstone to remind everyone Lucinda had a heart.

Teehee....Conn's acting hasn't improved. I nearly peed my pants laughing at her attempt at a stiff upper lip on OLTL today. I almost feel sorry for her, stuck in the vaccum of suck that is Rex&Gigi---arguably the two worst actors on that show.

I think Camille's around until almost 2001. I know she's involved in the Ben&Curtis storyline, which I think started in early '00. I seem to remember Jack tries to rescue Curtis after Carly leaves him at the altar in Feb.'00.

And amen to the suckitude of Lynn Martin. I swear I could tell if it was a Lynn Martin day by the opening scene.

• Members

Yes, Camille was fired in mid/late 2000. The actress was surprised. I didn't care about her with Ben's brother but liked her story with John. She was a good actress. I thought it was a mistake to get rid of her, and I felt like it was mostly down to not wanting to have 3 black women on the show in major roles.

• Members

Well that clears up the last dating issue that the collection has. On my set, they have the "Humiliation" episode listed as March 15, 1996, when it clearly happens after the 40th Anniversary Show, listed as April 2, 1996. But what you listed here Ron makes much more sense.

Obviously they rushed this a little, to get the dates wrong and the obvious late-in-the-game decision not to put characters' faces on the discs. I don't mind though, as I'm enjoying the hell out of it and may even get the 'GL' release, and I am not and was never really a fan of that show (though I do hope to get at least 1 Marcy Walker episode out of that deal :P )

Archived