ATWT: P&G to release ATWT DVD Collection

dragonflies

• Members

The dates were never wrong on any of the drafts we reviewed so no clue how they got changed especially the John Dixon episode. I noticed the discrepancy on the website first and just figured someone made some typos until I saw the same mistakes on the disc. Hopefully the GL stuff will be correct. Had to swap out an episode on Friday because of music (same story, different day).

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What dates need to be corrected for the ATWT set? I want to put a note in my DVD box, so I have the right information.

On the GL set, that must be frustrating to have to be swapping episodes so late in the game (with less than a month until release).

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Has anyone ordered the Holden and Lily set? What are your thoughts? Was it worth it? What were your favorite parts that weren't apparent from the promotional materials/preview clips? Any pleasant surprises?

I bought the first few releases right away, but I haven't been as into the individual characters and couples (from GL and ATWT) to buy any of those, until now. I'm definitely going order the GL/Bauer DVD, though but I'd almost rather pay a few $$$ more and double up on the shipping to get something else with it. I'm kind of coming at Holden and Lily from somewhat of a unique angle, however...the longest I ever watched ATWT on a daily basis was after it was announced that it was going to be canceled. But I am genuinely interested in the historical artifact of Marland's work at ATWT, particularly at the beginning, and I know there are some episodes on there from that time that have never turned up on YouTube. And hey, if I'd been watching at the time Holden and Lily got together, I probably would have been a fan, if only to live vicariously through Lily - because Jon Hensley was gorgeous (he still is, or was when the show went off the air).

Still, I'm not really interested in the late 90s/00s episodes at all, which is why I'm not even thinking about that Jack and Carly DVD, even though they were probably more interesting as a couple and as individual characters than were Holden and Lily most of the time. And the 10,000th episode and the bell tower would be interesting, but they're all over YouTube and CBS even rebroadcast the latter at one point, if memory serves. It's really only a handful of episodes or less that are of interest to me, so maybe it's really not worth it...and the lack of discussion even on a board with many people on it who did watch the show during those years also makes me wonder.

• Members

I ordered the Holden and Lily ATWT dvd set at the same time as the GL Bauer set, which saved me $3.95 in shipping if I got each individually. They are on their way, so I figure in the next few weeks I'll be able to chime in on them here.

• Members

I don't post much anymore---not because I love ATWT any less, in fact, in the wasteland that is currently daytime tv, I truly miss ATWT more than ever.

I honestly haven't even ordered the Carjack set yet because I'm waiting to see if I can combine and save on shipping. The Lilden set truly doesn't interest me (oy vey...as dumb as Lily and Holden were at the end, they were even dumber when they first appeared.) I don't want to trash talk the releases I'm not into though (much, lol) because I don't want to disparage it----they are truly more than I ever thought we'd get when ATWT went off the air.

As much as I love these sets---it's hard for me to watch disconnected episodes. One of the unique things about serials is watching the stories build to a climax day in and day out. You really aren't getting that here.

I should add my thanks for all the articles, etc. that people are posting here. Even if they're about characters/stories I don't remember, it's nice to read them and fit them into the history of ATWT.

• Members

LOL, Carl. Y'know it's killing me not to snark about the possibility of a Nuke (or LuRe) dvd. :) Can you imagine---either the episode will have about three minutes of their couple, or entire ham & cheese filled stories (like Nuke/Ameera/Col in NYC.)

God help us all from that fallout. ;)

• Members

I just watched the 1985 episode where Holden and Lily meet. Its got Barbara's descent into being more of a diva. She clashes with Shannon over Brian. And Craig and Sierra fighting over his having hit Dusty as John happily listens in. And the most interesting part being some of the Doug/Marsha mystery with Frannie, Lisa and Bob. I enjoyed it and am looking forward to watching the rest.

Archived