ATWT: P&G to release ATWT DVD Collection

dragonflies

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just wish we knew how much older material was available, older as in late 70's and on. I would really, really, really like to see a release of the scattered episodes which are available, or even a few short scenes available when the full episodes may not be. I know they are out there because we have seen, over the years, random clips, like an ATWT clip from the mid-70s with Nancy and Bob talking about Jennifer wanting to go back to school.

• Members

It seems heavy on Marland-era stuff.

I think Roger and whoever else contributes to these sets just thinks, "Everyone loves Marland, so let's just heavy up on his stuff and skimp on the other eras."

I, for one, would love to see some more of the Dobsons era stuff, as well as some stuff from the early 90's.

I'm hoping it looks better when we see the final episode list.

I've not even opened my ATWT sets yet, been too busy to watch anything or participate in this thread. At least there seemed to be some random stuff there and the eras seem a lot more spread out (given what still existed of the show in archive).

• Members

Which material was the Dobsons on GL?? As for ATWT.....I would have liked to have seen more of Dobson era and Bunim era....Whit's death.....More of the McColls......Derek and Lily.....The Ruxton Hills stuff...so much stuff I want to see.....thats why I hope there is more ATWT DVDs released. I'd even pay more for a 30 episode box set.

Want to add more of Craig/Betsy/Steve story leading up to the explosion.

• Members

It's interesting you think that. I never even considered Doug Marland as a criteria or thought for one second. Off the top of my head I can't even remember the exact date he took over. There's no diabolical plots going on. I tried to create a good cross section of episodes everyone could enjoy. The episodes available start in Oct. 1979 so that was the boundary. I loved the late 1970s but just had no chance to use those. There are some random shows available that aren't consecutive but might appear in future sets. We may have the first hourlong GL in storage but not 100%.

If it's the one where she wanted to leave the hospital to go home to see Ross that's on YouTube, I never even looked at that tape.

• Members

One of the problems is that if the stuff about 1979 and on being complete is also accurate for GL, then most of the Dobsons work is not available.

The Dobsons were there from about 1975-early 1980.

Very little of the Marland era is available on Youtube, so I'm hoping to see it. I'm not sure how much of that will be included though - the teaser also describes the first Long run, and then the 2007 anniversary episode.

Archived