ATWT: P&G to release ATWT DVD Collection

dragonflies

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Which parts were confusing to you? Is that the one where John falls down the stairs? To me that episode was kind of dull, mostly enlivened by Lisa and Kim looking about 50 times more glam than the show's young heroines at that point.

• Members

The movie? Who were those people, and the part about some woman having financial control over another woman's money? I had no idea who those two were as they both disappeared. I recognized John, Margo, Lisa and Kim, and Steve, but for so many of the people I didn't recognize.

• Members

I had some of the same questions you did when I first saw these.

The woman involved with the movie is a recast of Natalie (first played by the one and only Judith Chapman). She was the biological mother of Carol's daughter (she'd dropped the baby off on the doorstep of Carol and Jay, Carol's husband/the baby's father, who was dead by the 1981 episode). A few years later, she wanted back in the child's life, so she was paying the babysitter to spy for her.

The woman with the financial control was Connie, aunt to Hayley, and one of James Stenbeck's women. Hayley (played by Dana Delaney) had money and James wanted Connie to get it so he can have the money.

• Members

I want a date on the GL set already. The part that the other soaps (that aren't ATWT or GL) will be online only is sad as I bet there are some people who don't have access. They don't mention a price for the streaming...that's interesting.

• Members

I was made to believe "online only" meant they would only sell SFT/Edge, etc. DVD sets online (though I agree that I can't see them selling well so maybe they will just be streaming).

I'm curious to find out how the streaming will work. Will there be a cost? I'd venture that there probably will be, though I don't see it being too high.

• Members

It makes sense to do all of them online only until there is demand for more. I could see Another World doing well in stores as it's still fairly recent. Might be a good idea to do themed collections with episodes from all of their soaps so fans unfamiliar with some shows will check out the others. Like a big Christmas themed box set. Or anniversaries.

BTW, I noticed my episode 3 on the Xmas dvd doesn't work either. It plays 6 minutes then freezes.

• Members

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!:) I am so happy more ATWT and GL DVD sets will be available online and at stores.

I'll be getting GL too!

I also thought it meant online DVD sales only but it could mean also streaming only.

Chris email them and they will send you a replacement DVD. That's what happened with my DVD...freezes up at the 6 minute mark.

Archived