• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Observations

No Nancy Hughes

The canvas was Stewart packed...with Barbara and Gunnar included

Who was Carol? I dont recall her.

Who was the cop with Margo? He looked so familiar. I know they mentioned his name on the episode.

And Brian McColl was being played by another actor and not Mark Pinter.

Heather HIll got her directing start on ATWT. I didnt know that or recalled that. She was one of Y&R's greatest directors back in the late 80's.

I truly enjoyed the episode.

• Members

It's a pity that Ellen and David weren't given more to do after re-uniting.they could have been quite useful on the canvas,but instead their daughters were dropped and Betsy seemed to be closer to Kim.With so many vets in the cast,i guess it was difficult to find a place for them all.

That is Vicky Dawson as Dee.

Why did they ever have Bob marry Miranda? There was nothing there.

The minister was Rita's real life hubby who Carol ended up marrying on the show.Was that just mentioned in passing or were they given some scenes?

What explanation was given for Nancy's absence?

Seeing Rita chatting to Don in the background made me think what they were talking about-maybe ruminating on how things had changed so much in such a short time.

• Members

For the novelty, I reckon. Even "on paper," Bob, a staid doctor from the Midwest, married to Miranda, an au courant reformed drug runner from Corsica, seemed like one of those impossible pairings that rested upon the chemistry between the actors. Unfortunately, I don't think there's much chemistry between Don Hastings and Elaine Princi.

• Members

Carol was the show's central young heroine for most of the 70's. Married to Tom, falling for bad boy Jay as Tom was falling for bad girl Natalie. They moved into those marriages, she couldn't have a child, ultimately ended up raising Jay's daughter with Natalie. Married Steve, and they'd split up earlier in 1982.

Did anyone else laugh when Annie said 17 isn't a bad age to be? Given how quickly she warped through her teen years, I guess she treasured every moment.

It was kind of amazing to think of how many of these characters would be gone by 1985.

• Members

That was an interesting episode as someone who hasn't seen much of the Stewart's and doesn't really care for them. What I've seen of Ellen and David doesn't really excite me and the same goes for Dee and Annie. i think those two roles suffered from not having a truly dynamic actress in the role, so it made it easy to dump the characters and not revisit them. Who would most say is the definitive Dee or Annie? I've seen a little of Randall Edwards in one of those roles which I think could've been interesting since she's such a unique actress. Obviously that didn't work out so I may be wrong.

The most shocking thing during this episode was Kim's hair. I had no idea she wore her hair long in the 80s. It was a huge shock, but she looked good. I thought it was a great look for her. I also enjoyed the actress playing Frannie. Elaine Princi as Bob's wife was kinda bizarre though. The biggest highlight during this epsiode was seeing Tom and Margo in a supporting capacity. The only episodes I've seen with Justin Deas and Margaret Colin have them center stage so I was always curious to see how they mixed in the canvas. I have to say, the more I see of them the more I enjoy them. Especially Colin. She has a more subtle take on Margo which is appreciated since the character went so over the top in later years.

• Members

It's funny because I kind of see Colin as OTT, although she was more restrained here, aside from when she had to do closeups.

Kim had a lot of different hairstyles in the early 80's. This looks nice but it's hard for me to imagine her wearing this by this time, or being able to maintain it. The worst was the blonde hair she had in 1983 or 1984 that made her look like an old housewife - very frumpy.

I guess Jacqueline Schultz was the most popular Dee, although I wasn't watching, obviously, so I can't say. No one seemed to ever truly define Annie.

Randall Edwards only ever agreed to fill in as Annie for a short time.

• Members

Perhaps it's just me, but I really love the brief exchange between Rita McLaughlin Walter's Carol and Justin Deas' Tom. They look and act as if they were once a married couple, even if it was a different actor portraying Tom when they were.

Archived