ATWT: P&G to release ATWT DVD Collection

dragonflies

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just watched three of the Xmas episodes, the '85, '00 and '07. The '85 eppy was my favorite. What's weird is that everyone is referring to each other by their full names. Nancy calls John "Dr. Dixon". Everyone's still calling Lucinda "Ms. Walsh", although she's still fairly new in town. The hands down funniest moment for me is Barbara showing up to work at the homeless shelter in her chi-chi hat and matching wrap. And bestill my heart...Scott Bryce just brings out the love I had for his Craig all over again.

I couldn't make it through the '00 one, even with Lyla, Penny and the curiousity of Amanda Seyfried. Between Hunt Block, Katie and Rose, it was unwatchable.

I've grown fond of the Dollhouse eppy over the years.

• Members

During the opening credits of the 1995 Christmas episode, my copy started to stall and then skip. Today was the first chance I took to view my copy as I am watching in sequence. I am emailing them, thanks Roger for the specific address.

• Members

I actually really enjoyed the episode from 2000. I like that they say Katie's story about Lyla being a bad stage mom (or was it absentee?) was part of her lies. I didn't want to think of Lyla that way. The only thing that bothered me came later and thats the fact that Lyla never returned. As central as Katie was, why didn't they attempt to bring her back for appearances? I loved that Iva returned throughout the years when it made sense. As major a character as Katie was (and due to her age) Lyla should've been around. Not to mention the fact that Craig and Margo were such major characters.

• Members

PJ..have you seen the 1995 episode?? Glad to see you bought the DVD.

The same thing happened with my copy.

I totally agree with you. I wanted Lyla back like forever. I guess Hogan and Goutman thought that the one visit to straighten Katie out was enough....lost opportunity if you ask me.

• Members

I haven't yet. When I heard there were problems with some of the Xmas ones, I scanned through the '95 episode, to see if it froze. My copy is fine, so I haven't watched the entire thing yet. Or any of the other set.

Just by chance, I'd held off getting the dvd's until after Thanksgiving, and then got both dvds for the rock bottom price of $25 bucks. Merry Xmas to me (and my sister, who's getting the set for Xmas.)

• Members

It really annoyed me that Lyla was never seen again, and rarely mentioned, especially after the way they trashed her offcamera in the 90's. The Montgomerys were one of the least believable "families" on ATWT, or any soap, in the show's last decade, and Lyla's absence was a reason why. I just told myself she stayed away because Katie and Craig were such vile pieces of trash.

• Members

^^^yep. Thanks to having to record eppys for her, I've got a huge pile of tapes sitting in a box. Both of us were bigger ATWT/GL fans than Y&R/B&B. Right now, I'm not even sure she knows they made the sets, she's got three kids and could only catch the show here and there. I used to let her read my mags, but she hasn't had time to do that either, and now that ATWT's gone, she stopped asking for them.

Re Lyla: I know it shouldn't be an issue, but Sward is barely older than Dolan and Block. I think it would have been really hard for newer viewers to accept her as a mother figure after such a long absence. In fact I looked it up---Sward is three years older than Block, five older than Dolan.

It's too bad---she would have made both Craig and Katie (at least somewhat) human.

• Members

Thanks so much for sharing this! I love Ellen and am so glad to get to see her wedding. It's nice that at this time they gave more attention to the Stewart family. Beyond their wedding, I probably most enjoyed the moving reunion between Barbara and a confused Paul.

A few other comments:

- I had seen a photo of Kim somewhere in this era with that hair, but I still did a double take. It seems so much more clamoring for attention/glam than Kim would be doing at this point in her life. I was watching with someone and they kept saying this looked like Lisa (Lisa apparently was more interested in impersonating Shari Lewis!).

- If I had only watched this episode I would have no idea Betsy was Ellen and David's granddaughter. For much of the episode I might have thought she was a member of wait staff, based on her outfit. Either that or she got kicked off the I'll Tumble 4 Ya video.

- Is this Vicky Dawson Dee?

- This Frannie is a little bit evil, which is kind of interesting. I liked her, even if they had her styled like Alice in Wonderland in her first scenes. Meanwhile, poor Elaine Princi having to don that Eurotrash accent...no wonder they brought Zsa Zsa in as her sister. It was so strange seeing Bob romantic with her. Also very strange seeing his living room. I always forget that the home he lived in for the show's last decades was Kim's home. Is it me or does the set for his place seem very ramshackle?

- I didn't realize Eileen was still around at this time. How much longer before she left?

- Wasn't it nice of the cops to let Dee sing carols with family and friends before they arrested her!

- One of my burning questions for some time now - did Carol ever have scenes with Tom after they brought in Justin Deas? - has finally been answered! Poor Carol. You could tell she was just about off the canvas entirely.

Archived