ATWT: P&G to release ATWT DVD Collection

dragonflies

• Members

The 1986 episode was even better. It had Ellen, Kim, Nancy and Andy in addition to Bob and Frannie. Iva and Emma were discussing Iva's having run away and Meg surprises them by running away from Kansas and coming back home. Tonya Pinkins is in it as Heather. I'm really enjoying the episodes.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thats what my family and I would call recast Margo...Glynniss O'Connor.....she was an awful Margo...so short and smaller than Tom...Scott Holmes.....the big purse they had her wear in ever scene was bigger than her...and thus thats where the purse lady came about....lol......we were like yay the purse lady was fired......third Margo is back....lol

• Members

Thanks for the input. As much as I want to support the effort - and the release of the Bauer DVD, in particular - I think I will hold off a bit until I have something to double up with. With the discount for doing the survey plus the combined shipping, it would be a considerable savings, and I'm so behind on various DVDs that I have yet to watch, that it's not like I'm in a huge rush to see the GL set. I don't think I have the emotional connection to ATWT to make it worth the few (mostly non-Lily and Holden) moments that haven't cropped on YouTube that I would most likely be interested in.

I may decide to combine my order with the GL/Phillip DVD instead, largely because the one 1977 episode is such a find. Being so used to new soap families that flopped, I have found the early Snyder scenes that have turned up on YouTube fascinating, and the Spauldings are much more familiar to me and lasted even longer (in various incarnations). Even so, the only other episode on that DVD that I'd even watch - mostly for the non-Phillip parts - was rebroadcast on CBS a few years ago, and I probably have it on VHS somewhere.

I'm torn because I would like to vote with my wallet for the kinds of things I'd like to see more of. Well, maybe I'll make a decision soon and not wait for the next release...

• Members

TIIC would have been better served pre-taping a Carly/Molly confrontation (Molly had been the catalyst to Jack's "death") and sending her out of town. Maura and Lesli really had a connection, and a lot of the impact of Carly disowning Molly was lost because it wasn't LK we were looking at.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

NEW Farewell To Oakdale DVD: http://soapclassics.com/index.php/shop-1.html?view=ecwid#ecwid:category=1657699&mode=product&product=11523702

This is a good example of a DVD featuring newer episodes that I would find interesting. I've actually never seen the final week of ATWT, because I never could bring myself to watch it. I've seen bits and pieces, but never the entire thing. I still have it saved on my computer. I also like the idea of the script as well. I'd love something similar for GL.

• Members

I like the idea of it, but I'm a little disappointed that its all new episodes. I really prefer the older ones. And it seems like an odd choice to already have the final episodes when there are many more sets possible to be released.

Archived