September 26-30, 2011

Toups

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Webmaster

Looks like The Chew was rounded down in finals for its premiere episode in viewers. The show had 2,436,000 million viewers, which rounds to 2.44 million, compared to the 2.5 million ABC highly publicized. By Friday that total went down to 1,824,000...which rounded to 1.8 million. That's a loss of nearly 700,000 viewers from Monday to Friday or 25% in audience. The show had just 401,000 Women 18-49 viewers by its Friday episode and its Household # was a 1.4 (way below the 1.7 benchmark I reported).

• Webmaster

Even more bad news for Chew....

That 1.7 we said the show had for Thursday's episode based on overnight data? Yeah, that was corrected down to a 1.5 with just 384,000 Women 18-49 viewers. That episode ironically had 200,000 more viewers than Friday's episode, but Friday's episode had just 17,000 more Women 18-49 viewers. The Chew's Monday episode was 598,000 Women 18-49 viewers, which means the show lost 197,000 Women 18-49 viewers from Monday to Friday.

• Members

Passions always got 1.4 during its run. I am talking about soaps that were replaced for talk shows or other crap shows...ie...AMC, ATWT, GL......

I dont know who in the right mind thought the show would do well or at least stay even with soap numbers.

• Members

CF sort of hinted he was one of Logan's sources and I believed it because Logan was blaming Disney for the cancellation when all other insiders were blaming Sweeney and Frons. CF always insisted the orders for killing the soaps came from way up high. I figured he was with Disney not ABC.

Archived