September 26-30, 2011

Toups

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to agree. In fact I agree with a lot of your post in this thread this week. I agree OLTL is losing steam and will continue to do so. Days is gonna be the hot show next. Y&R keeps getting worse. I am praying for a regime change by the end of the year. Nov sweeps are around the corner. MAB better get all the numbers up across the board. Esp those all time low demos. For weeks now. I think this is week three or four. And FYI Days has been very good. And you're right. The Sonny storyline is pretty much non existent at this point. I mean they said they were going to slow it down but Damn. I don't remember the last time it was featured.

• Members

It made no sense for ABC to have that press release bragging about The Chew doing the same as AMC, when that stopped after one day. They set themselves up for failure. ABC has set itself up for failure with this show from the start. You can say, "Who cares? It's cheaper," but that's not ABC's spin. ABC's spin is that the show as it is now is a failure.

• Members

I agree with you but it's not like AMC had huge numbers either...if they were going to replace it with something it should have been something a whole lot better than The Chew...a complete joke of a show.

Eh..they dont care anymore..MAB will close the show.

• Members

We'll find out when PP launches in January, and not before, how many follow the shows online. This is an experiment with no precedent to predict its outcome.

While The Chew is a horrible lead-in, AMC hit all-time lows this summer and yet OLTL surged to 3 year highs. That right there is evidence a bad lead-in shouldn't kill OLTL's performance.

Besides, OLTL's demos been sliding down from its August highs for weeks before The Chew even premiered.

OLTL 2011 Monthly averages:

Jan 2011 2,541,300 619,500

Feb 2011 2,601,316 647,250

Mar 2011 2,447,130 594,600

Apr 2011 2,598,048 670,000

May 2011 2,561,667 647,000

Jun 2011 2,552,636 644,400

Jul 2011 2,679,450 640,250

Aug 2011 2,840,739 735,400

Sep 2011 2,725,190 662,250

• Members

The Chew's ratings are way below The Talk right now and there's rumors going around of some affiliates possibly pulling The Chew off their daytime schedules by November sweeps which starts late this month. The Chew is setting record lows for that timeslot in a number of markets around the country. That show is a clear disaster right now and its only going to get worse from here.

Good to see DAYS rise big-time this week as I'm pretty sure old DAYS viewers and some AMC viewers were sampling it last week. I think if the quality keeps up then DAYS could be this season's OLTL. Speaking of OLTL their doing a great job of building off The Chew, that was my original worry was that The Chew was going to drag OLTL's ratings and it didn't it built big-time off of it.

B&B is like the total opposite of Y&R right now. Y&R needs to do exactly what DAYS did and start a fire sale and rebrand the show because its clearly not working for them right now.

Man its weird seeing only five soaps now and soon four.

Archived