GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh, I do remember reading something about that as well, now that you mention it. It was during the week of Thanksgiving, I believe. It was a one-time occurrence, for whatever reason, and it rebounded completely the following week and stayed strong until the other shows started dropping. The longterm drop was sometime later - almost a year later as far as ranking - and again I think the circumstances of Labine's final months were not representative of her tenure overall. Again, her heart was only in one story that was inherently sad, and changes were afoot at ABC that would only get worse in the decades to come.

The interview was fascinating. I can't wait to hear the subsequent installments, when they'll presumably talk more in-depth about her work, but she sounds like a fascinating person even from her more personal recollections.

• Members

Doug Marland's Original plans for Luke and Laura:

An excerpt from a 1982 interview in the St. Petersburg Times:

"I never would have had Luke rape Laura. My idea for that story was to have Luke worship Laura from afar. I planned for him to get into deeper and deeper trouble with the syndicate and try and try to get away from them. His reason to escape the mob: his love of Laura and his desire for her. And in the end, no matter what Luke had done for Laura---all the money he had given her, all the trouble he had gotten into [on] her behalf---she never would have loved him.

I adored the character of Laura, but she was vain. Vanity was a big part of Laura's personality. Luke and Laura never would have gotten together in my storyline. I had other things in mind for Luke."

• Members

Dan wasn't killed. That was a really cool scene though. Dan had found the proof that Luke's oil wells were fishy and he had to be silenced before he told Luke.

http://youtu.be/NKjy_OrnhS0

It is one of the earliest scenes I remember from watching GH. Soaps just can't or won't be so melodramatic these days. It's corny but it is fun.