GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

As far as I can remember, The Ice Princess was the absolute best for me. I remember running home from school at about 12 or 13 to see this. I also liked the story that had Peter Breck (Nick Barkley, Big Valley) make a small appearance in the 80s. I believe that story involved Demi Moore and Janine Turner.

You guys are so good at the behind the scenes stuff, but I have to just go off of the stories I clearly remember.

ANDREA

• Members

So I watched one of those "old" episodes last night for the first time (since I hadn't been watching) and, well:

1. Megan Ward was a far better Kate than the one that is currently on, which explains why she was the only other love interest of Sonny's (other than the fabulous Brenda) that I liked a lot. I haven't a clue why they fired her and replaced her with some bootleg version.
  2. Sam actually had a personality back then. Sure, she was drunk and bitter for whatever reason, but it was refreshing to see her lips not firmly glued to Jasus's ass. Bonus points on her calling that canker sore Carly out for being the sloppy ho that she is.
  3. Thank God for Megan Ward because she was the only reason why I found Sonny remotely interesting in this episode, though I'm always happy to see someone assault that dreadful Spinelli.
  4. Squeak Toy Maxie and doppelganger Scotty Baldwin are just as boring as doppelganger Scotty Baldwin is with Five Head Heifer Lulu.
  5. Poor Larry really was the whipping boy of this show. Even though his own son is missing, he's still being browbeaten by his wife and his sister. Seeing this last night pretty much proves my point that JJ Lucky's takedown of Liz was completely justified and way overdue.
  6. Scott Clifton sure has improved in the looks and acting department since his GH days.
  7. Was Rick Hearst allowed to do anything other than being the white Taggert? I've seen him be charming on other shows and would like to know if GH ever allowed him to be that.
  8. I was surprised to see that Steve Burton looked a lot worse here than he does now. Not that he's anywhere near a fine hunk of man these days, but that no-neck-having mullet look was terrible.
  9. I still don't know why Diane is or how Carolyn Hennesy lasted on this show for as long as she did.
  10. What the hell is up the end of the GH intro when Luke gets up and walks off the stage? Is that some inside joke that flew over my head or something?

• Members

There were rumors Megan Ward had a big falling out with the producers.

I hated that ending of the GH credits. Just so arrogant, and such a great reminder that we were supposed to see GH as a man's world.

I have hated all GH opening credits since Frons.

• Members

Falling out over what? Money? Or the same old backstage politics?

Re: the credits - I feel that TPTB went this route because they wanted an "edgier" soap opening and probably thought the Dave Koz Faces of the Heart one was outdated. Problem is, too much flash was going on there and I could barely make out who the hell was in the cast. When I finally get to the white background ending, Luke just walks off the stage for some random reason...

I truly don't get it or why the women weren't included in that ending.

• Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yJBsJf67u8

Beautiful performance from Rachel Ames in this episode. I never stop being annoyed at how GH dumped her.

So was the dead child Lesley mentioned Laura?

Was this after GH's first big purge (leading to the exits of Howie Dawson, Nurse Pinkham, etc.)? Or were they still around? How much longer was Lucille around?