• Members

If it's just archives of recent years I'll be disappointed. I need to see 70's 70's 70's 80's 80's 80's. Perhaps the big scoop is that they magically recovered every AMC and OLTL episode thought lost. And throw some Doctor Who in too...

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It does make sense that this deal is for the Archives. The production costs of both shows would be substantial and it would be very difficult to make a profit from online ads and a reasonable viewing fee. Better the Archives than nothing.

• Members

It's not evolution I'm opposed to. It's a brand new soap called All My Children. If I wanted a new soap, I'd be watching a new one. We see this happen all the time in Primetime when the original cast of a show start to leave and all these newbies are brought in. IF this is a pay kind of thing, I don't want to pay for an new show, with new faces and characters. I want to pay for All My Children, better written than it currently is, but AMC. I'm not about to spend my money, or my time on dressed up, cheaper version, with the same name and faces/characters I care about.

• Members

AMC has pretty much been a brand new soap since Disney/ABC took over (and especially since Frons) took over anyway.

I do agree that they might as well just create a new soap. But if there is some way that some part of the show could go on, in a form that is not butchered by Frons and Sweeney, I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Repeats are just...why? Who wants to see another round of Rylee? Is this going to be an exclusive deal with sadomasochoists?

• Members

It depends on whether I've seen them before. I haven't seen most of AMC or OLTL from the 70's or 80's. I can't say I want to watch the Karen Wolek hooker reveal again and again (as good as it is) but I could watch "I take thee...Cord" on a loop. But so much is stuff I've never seen.

Archived