• Members

I do think they need to keep some ties, because otherwise why not just start brand new shows?

In the case of OLTL, I honestly have no idea who they would or should keep. Of the younger characters, I would keep Matthew, and Shane. Since HBS has done websoaps she may be willing to appear in this, even if it's at a huge salary cut.

I think Robin Strasser would also appear occasionally, if health permits, as I don't think she cares about the money.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope they at least ask the vets. A lot of older soap actors are doing websoaps, and I'm sure they are being paid very little.

But then like others have said, this may just be about reruns. If so then I hope it's stuff that isn't just from the last ten years. I mostly want to see what exists of the 60's (OLTL), 70's (AMC/OLTL), then 80's and up to about 1995. After that I would take a pass.

• Members

The Roger Howarth fan girls better get ready to say goodbye to their man. LOL.

I agree with marceline, I am interested in seeing some type of AMC/OLTL without Frons interference. And since Valentini and Carlivati are still under contract with ABC, does this mean a new HW/EP? If so then goodbye Fords!!!! :D

• Members

It's funny how the article references keeping the cast and crew yet none of them seem to be aware of it or at least none we have heard from.

It could be a deal to air repeats who knows.

But if they end up picking up the rights, I don't expect these shows to look anything like they do now or to have the same talent but that's not a bad

thing. None of the current showrunners, new blood, new ideas, a fresh perspective. I'm not sure i would want the same writers and producers around. All

they end up doing is propagating current state. These people are part of the problem not the solution.

• Members

soapsindepthabc Soaps In Depth ABC Yes, I've seen the NYPost article claiming #OLTL and #AMC have been sold and are moving on-line. Sources tell me two things:

soapsindepthabc Soaps In Depth ABC 1) The story is not entirely accurate. 2) There WILL be some kind of "good" news coming soon. No word on when. When I know, you'll know.

soapsindepthabc Soaps In Depth ABC I'm not getting TOO excited. I'm EXTREMELY skeptical.

• Members

Hmm...that's really strange. I mean, how could they confuse old episodes with new ones? Doesn't even seem possible

How weird, I posted the link to the article to one of my friends on Twitter and the NY Post followed me. They don't even have the article listed on their Twitter feed.

• Members

Some more from Richard

soapsindepthabc Soaps In Depth ABC The story on its face doesn't seem believable on many levels. For 1 thing, a yet-to-launch website, even with powerful backers, would not...

soapsindepthabc Soaps In Depth ABC ... be able to afford the costs associated with picking up two shows and continuing production of them. If I had to guess, I'd bet that...

soapsindepthabc Soaps In Depth ABC ... ABC agreed to sell the ARCHIVES and that it will be old episodes running. THAT seems far more believable.

soapsindepthabc Soaps In Depth ABC It's also worth noting that the NYPost story has NO sourcing. Oh, and it's the NYPost. Aka the Fox News of newspapers.

Archived