• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is something going on it appears. I would not mind seeing repeats if it is older episodes. I missed much of the 90's and any of the 70's stuff would be great.

As to new episodes, they could plan this to where the actors could stick around but also be free to pursue other projects making the inevitable pay cut worth it. There could not be 5 episodes a week certainly so shooting schedules would be less giving NYC people like Lucci more reasons to stick around. Planned correctly, we could get something good out of this.

• Members

Wow. This is pretty shocking. I should have known if marceline thought it was true then it would be...

Well I hope everything works out!

I can't wait to hear the vets speak out on this, and whether they will be asked to participate.

Is it gone now?

This is a soap in itself.

• Members

It's kind of touching to read what Agnes says. These were her babies (even if OLTL is the son she only visits with on rare occasions) and I'm glad they are not quite done yet.

I hope that this new Prospect thing will let her have input. I'd really like to see if some of her ideas can be used on OLTL. IMO a websoap format is a unique and good opportunity to tell some "social justice" types of stories, and can also be suited to some of the broad comedy she used to write.

• Members

Way to go Agnes! Just like the Wu-Tang Clan you ain't nothin to [!@#$%^&*] with!

I'm REALLY intrigued to see how this shakes out creatively. Does this mean that Frons won't be able to micromanage these shows anymore? Because if so, that's truly something to celebrate.

LOL Carl! Thanks for the compliment but as much as I would love to be some kind of "Soap Oracle," I just place my bets and spin the wheel like everyone else.

But yeah, I'm genuinely excited about this. This could be the fresh start the genre has needed in this country.

• Members

wow I feel like singing the Ewok song!

I think this is going to be an interesting event for all of television because if it succeeds then it will be the first domino to fall in the end of broadcasting as we know it. If this succeeds, other shows will follow, and if this doesn't succeed they will learn what went wrong and try again.

• Members

Jonathan, your link wasn't loading for me.

I am ecstatic! It is a triumph, regardless. I am eager to see what these shows do with their second chances. Don't blow it! RESTRUCTURE, REORGANIZE, REGROUP, REBUILD!

• Members

Not to make fun of anyone here (since I was thinking the same thing) but remember every time in the last two months where someone would posts Agnes saying that the show may continue we were all like "awww your a sweet old women Agnes... let me pat your head"

Archived