• Members

As Scotty said, the part in the article which states that both soaps are scheduled to go off the air in September makes me immediately question this article's credibility. And even if this is true, the article leaves open the following two questions: (1) will either soap be forced to move to another coast or (2) will both soaps be merged into one.

I suppose I am in the vast minority here, but I feel both soaps should go out now while they still have their dignity intact. To continue online would require massive budget cuts, and even then they each might last only another year or two.

If one wants to do something that will benefit the fans AMC and OLTL, my suggestion would be to lobby some cable networks (including OWN) so that they could start showing reruns of each soap. Ideally, these reruns could start circa 1979, which was about when ABC started saving every episode.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay so here are the ways this story may play out.

1. The source for that article is pulling [!@#$%^&*] out of his ass with this story and it is 100 percent false

2. The story will end up true and both shows with full casts will return online

3. The story is somewhat true but they are no way close to a deal yet

4. Story is true but they will only have a budget for people like the actors who play Colby, Asher, and Maya. Also the website may never even get off the ground and we will be left with no show again.

5. The story is false because the Post site was hacked by a crazy soap fan.

6. The story may be a "trick" by ABC to stop soap fans from sending faxes to ABC twice a day.

• Members

I wonder what find of schedule the shows will have if/when they return online. Once a week? Same 5 day a week schedule? Something in between?

What I think a novel schedule would be is each show doing 10 or so shows a month. One week goes AMC M/W/F and OLTL Tue/Thu, the next week the shows switch schedules.

• Members

Okay some of the fans in the comment section of the Post article are kind of nuts. One said "It is a trick , to get us all to back off. And I for one will NOT back off. And Iger will continue getting his faxes twice a day from me"

• Members

I really did LOL at this. OMG. LMAO

I guess for a me, AMC with half the budget it has now, or no budget all, with the shitastic-dayplayer actors, isn't AMC. I don't want a shell of the show with the same name and some faces I don't give a crap about. If that's what this would be, I'm out.

Archived