• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IK just says that they don't know what the future is going to look like, but that it's not looking good "at the moment"

But good news for OLTL fans: Nelson Branco basically promised IK that he would single-handedly make sure OLTL comes back if it kills him, because it's the best TV show ever.

• Members

I've never seen that. But that will probably change once they announce GH's cancellation. tongue.png At this point, I'm not sure there's anything to "neener neener" about, given how iffy it is that PP's OLTL will ever launch. I'm still waiting for Erika Slezak to say something of substance. She's the only major, long-time vet who's been strangely silent since the announcement that she "signed" with PP way back in September. I believe she's had one interview since then (a month or so ago)? She barely said anything after the final taping last Friday. She's been the heart and soul of OLTL for more than 40yrs. (nearly as long as AMC's Lucci). It's been her "Life" for most of her life, yet there's been practically nothing about or from her (especially compared to others with less than a decade at OLTL). In the past, she's always said "if you can't think of anything good to say, don't say anything." So now I'm wondering if that's why she hasn't said anything? huh.png

• Members

I'm listening to the Victoria Wyndham portion of the podcast...it's so fascinating to hear her ideas for where AW would have gone. I had no idea she was looked to for writing and pitching concepts behind the scenes. What an intelligent woman to listen to speak about the genre.

• Members

Oh, please. People with common sense -- and a maturity level beyond a 12 year old middle school girl -- have got to know that it wasn't favoritism or worthiness that made Prospect Park take interest in the cancelled ABC soaps. It was just timing -- which, as it turns out, wasn't all that great considering they weren't ready to go full throttle. However, it's not surprising this would be found trolling the likes of Facebook Fan pages...

• Members

I don't get why people think that AMC/OLTL fans were saying there shows are better or whatever. I have not seen that argument anywhere.

But the reason why I feel that AMC/OLTL are more deserving of the soaps are because ABC soaps ALWAYS were more contemporary and many younger viewers watched them. I also felt that AMC/OLTL tackled more socially relevant issues and have created some of the more legendary characters out there. Erica, Viki, Luke/Luara. Honestly when you get to CBS Daytime there is not one name that really sticks out. ABC soaps were always watched more up until 2009.

But with GL no one was shocked by the cancellation. I think every expected it to go in 2008. But ATWT I thought cleaned up a lot of its mess by the end of its run. ATWT still had some life in it but like many people here said, P&G just wanted out of the soap business in the 90's. That was it.

Archived