GH: July Discussion Thread

• Members

The Quartermaines were in many ways the backbone of the show, at least until Guza began humiliating and minimizing them in the late 90's. I can see why he looked down on them - they don't fit into his Peter Pan mentality. That really is what GH has become. All kinds of old, tired men who won't grow up. The women exist solely to validate this at every turn.

I think we're supposed to just be in awe of this amazing acting with the Spencers and not care about the rest, but when you can see people acting, it's difficult to invest. That's the way it always is with JJ and Geary. Any heart they brought to their roles is long gone.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great post! All the Spencer stuff rings hollow to me as well. I see people posting that TG and JJ are such great actors, but if the story sucks, what's the point? The writers have rewritten so many things that I witnessed with my own eyes (Luke being happy that Lucky was going to be born, being happy in a house, and knowing that Luke would never cheat on Laura with Holly), that when they tell me the opposite is true, I just tune out. TG can give all the interviews he wants telling fans that we're frozen in the past and can't accept the "new reality" but I know what I saw and I don't accept the new version (even if there is terrific acting) AT ALL.

• Members
Correct.

I agree with all the posts re: The Quartermines became the 'backbone' of the show however I watched before they came so but

I totally agree with this and CarlD2 Minimizing and humiliating great descriptives.

IMO its just like trying to do Dallas without the Ewings. Guza replaced them w/Corinthos as the "core" family with the Spencer stuff. Otherwise there are just a couple of Drakes, a Scorpio .. a Jones etc.

• Members

Monica came into Michael's office at ELQ wanting to see how he was doing working there but Tracy was there instead. Tracy goes on and on Michael and Jason want nothing to do with her. Monica goes on about how Michael is her only grandson. Then Tracy says the only one still alive. Tracy then tells her about Jake being Jason's son.

This is going to make SoapBoy sooo happy.

• Members

I thought overall the show was again dismal. THe bright spot were Tracy and Monica. Its amazing how just one scene with 2 wonderful characters can make such a differnce. LC and JE's 2 small scenes top everything TG, JJ, JMB, SBu have done on this show for months. I don't care for the Michael storyline and JI is really showing his age, but having AZ having a plant at ELQ is kind of intriguing. I just wish we had people like Ned or AJ or heck even Dillon or Emily around to round things out. BUt I will take the Monica/tracy scenes. JE was terrific throughout the entire episode.

Archived