GH: July Discussion Thread

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've never been a big Jax fan (aside from with Alexis) and ten years ago I would have sided with Carly, but after all that has passed it's just too much. It's such lazy, destructive writing. Too many characters are suddenly evil for the sake of noble Carly/Sonny/Jason. This is what has chased away so many viewers. It's unbalanced and illogical storytelling, and it also leaves the "good" characters as hollow drums, because they have no one who will ever challenge them.

• Members

I honestly cannot stand watching Jason and Samn have a conversation. There is no chemistry. There isn't anything. They are both so miserably dead in every scene they share together. I'm glad they don't ever have sex scenes, because I can't imagine watching them try to look interested in penetrating. They can't even manage to look like they want to share a cup of coffee, let alone a child.

• Members

Disclaimer: I LOVE KELLY MONACO

Disclaimer: BUT!

I used to enjoy Jason and Sam. Yes, their union was a rip off of Jason and Brenda (Sonny's extra baggage thrust on to Jason to handle), but still. I enjoyed the fact that the two of them were friends and had trust in each other and grew to care for each other, bonding over the baby. I loved watching them covering each other in shoot outs. I loved seeing Jason view Sam as an equal when it came to gunplay and battling the "baddies" and never viewed her as a waif. He looked out for her, which is what any partner in crime is supposed to do, but he never acted like she was incapable of taking care of herself. HOWEVER... the minute that Liz entered the picture, Sam because horrendous. Losing her sense of self in a man was disgusting to watch. Watching her sleep with Ric knowing full well he was married to Alexis and that Alexis was her mother... ugh! Watching her concoct plots to terrorize Liz and the kids... and then, watching Jason threaten to KILL SAM... I was over them. To this day, I still see Jason getting up in Sam's face threatening to kill her. I simply can't buy this LOVE they have for each other. Jason has all of this hatred for Luke over an accident that killed Jake... but he LOVES the woman he threatened to kill because she had thugs point guns in Jake's (and Liz and Cameron's) face?

I don't know. Let them keep their own separate lives. I can deal with them being romantic (ugh!) with each other, but I can't deal with them viewing each other as soulmates.

• Members

This. This this this! You put in to words exactly how i feel.

And I, also, love Kelly Monica. I was a huge LuSam fan. And I think she lights up in scenes with NLG/HP/LA...It's just that her and SB drag each other down IMO. It's just since the reunion. They used to have a great spark, but ever since they got back together in 09, it's dead. JMO.

Archived