GH: July Discussion Thread

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carly knew AJ was an alcoholic, so she drugged him, shoved vodka down his throat and then left him on the side of a street so it looked like he fell off the wagon. Sonny had AJ kidnapped and hung him from a meathook until he agreed to sign away his rights to Michael. Maybe Jax should have done the same to Carly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uvZfFM08cY&feature=related

• Members

Ah yes poor poor Carly and Sonny.

Jax has always been a grey character and I never have seen him as some great guy. BUt then he's never had the entire canvas having to tell the viewers how wonderful his is either to elicit sympathy and support. And how bribing a mediator is somehow equivalent to being setup as a rapist I don't know.

And actor bashing I assume that was aimed at me. Sorry I don't have any sympathy for actors who have been catered to and written for for years and their preferences being translated on screen. That includes Tony Geary by the way who believes revisionist history is compelling. Sonny is a mobster, was a drug pusher and a pimp yet the actor playing the character thinks this is out of character for Sonny?

• Members

Yes but GH doesn't usually do that, do they? So I think they were making more of an effort to push this up. This type of scene is one that would often never even be filmed. I had just assumed Monica would never learn Jake was her grandson, or it would all be offcamera and she'd just show up long enough to enable Jason again.

• Members

There's a whole technical issue I'm having a problem with when it comes to this idea that the Tracy/Monica scenes were just so damn good they couldn't wait for two weeks to air them. The order and continuity of those scenes. They take place in Michael's office the same day and same episode the ELQ storyline and its Asher/Anthony twist was revealed. The scenes track right in line with the story. Tracy shows up, establishes Asher is her find, she chews everyone out, everyone leaves, Monica shows up, the scenes take place, and Asher's revealed as a double agent. I don't see them moving an entire storyline up just to accommodate a good scene. I also don't see them shooting a scene that was supposed to air two weeks later with Tracy in the same outfit either. I'm just saying.

Archived