GH: July Discussion Thread

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes and honestly I dont think Elizabeth owed her anything. She has no connection to Monica and it was Jason's place to tell her, not Liz. I think ultimately Monica would understand why Liz did what she felt she needed to do. She might be a bit more upset at Jason though for denying her the oppurtunity to be a grandmother to the child but then again like you said, that would have defeated the purpose of the secret

• Members

Except Jason wanted to tell his mother especially after she lost Emily and was reeling in grief and it was Liz who put the kabosh on it. Monica lost the last of her 4 children during that time(Jason has been dead to her for years too) and all Liz could think of were her own selfish interests and not one thought for her allegedly best friends mother. Not that I defend Jason, but then Liz who felt it was so necessary to keep it a secret had no issue telling Luke or Laura did she? Oh but of course that was different. It always is with Liz.

I am sure Monica won't be allowed to challenge Liz on any of this and her halo again will be protected as usual. I will be happy if she challenges Jason. He deserves it. BUt I would love for someone just someone to hold Luke responsible for what happened. But I'll just bet we get scenes of Monica feeling sorry for poor poor Luke when he comes back yet again.

On a side note as far as Lupe staying on, hell no. Praise Garin Wolf or whoever for FINALLY not falling in love with an actor and keeping them on canvas for a change and letting a story play out as intended. Thats how we got Lisa Spinelli Johnny and a ton of other pointless characters on canvas too long.

• Members

Oh you are right in that it comes across extremely hypocritical that she let Lucky tell Laura and Luke but Monica wasnt allowed to know. I stopped watching by the time Laura was told so I dont know how things went down there.

• Members

JJ should have never returned. He hasnt had a single good story since he returned and he fails as coming across as a believable father, which has been core to Lucky's character for the past 7 years. Greg V should have remained in the role

Oh and the crying is annoying. Theres nothing wrong with a man crying, but he doesnt need to be in tears almost every day. He comes across very wimpy and weak when the waterworks start up

• Members

I always felt that Lucky was a three dimensional character that was trapped in writing hell. JJ and the writers finally seem to be on the same page on making Lucky a real character again instead of this perpetual screw up who will always pale in comparison to Jason and who was the son Luke (apparently) never wanted. Even if you loved Greg Vaughn you have to see that all Lucky was to Guza was a whipping boy and cuckold to Jason.

I like that Lucky has a life outside of Liz and that he is a detective. He seems to be semi-smart again and is his own man instead of being Liz's Husband. I would say Jonathan has a brilliant ability to read scripts and really get all of the subtext out of said script. The way he maneuvers his character around Luke, Jason, Carly, Elizabeth, Nikolas, Sam and others is really interesting to watch specifically because he seems to respect the back history he has with all of those characters even when he wasn't in the role. JJ is one of the strongest actors on GH now. I love his sensitive portrayal of Lucky, perhaps it because of all the testosterone poisoning in Port Charles where all the men do is scream, break things and glare at one another. But I find it to be a breath of fresh air that Lucky shows all of his emotions on his sleeve it reminds me a lot of Laura in a way and that needs to be passed down on the show somehow. All in all I think he is one of the few male powerhouses on GH these days. Specifically these scenes right here they were amazing. No other Lucky could do this and have it mean as much as JJ did. Not JY and Not GV.

I agree that Lucky doesn't seem believable as a father though. He's very young and that makes it less believable that he would have had three kids at this point. That being said Lucky has always been defined by his relationship with Elizabeth so I hardly think that really matters. The kids themselves are simply after thoughts used to move Liz and Lucky's storylines forward and backwards and don't really have much credence outside of the LL2 stories which Lucky is being distanced from or at least has been.

• Members

I just want a scene with Monica and Liz, where Monica says something like this:

"What did I ever to deserve this? I have been a good mother. I have my flaws, we all do. But what horrible thing did I ever do to deserve losing ALL of my children, and grandchildren. And as much as it hurts me to know that all of my children are dead, it hurts even more to know I had two very much ALIVE grandchildren who were deliberately kept from me. What made Luke or Laura worthy of knowing? Am I such a horrible person, that I couldn't even know my grandson on ANY level? There are a plethora of ways I could have known Jake without anyone knowing I was his grandmother."

Not to mention it would have been PERFECT if Jax had called Monica or Edward to testify against Carly. Damn, can you imagine those scenes?!

• Members

It would have been great to see Monica/Edward testify. Tracy wasn't really around at that time, but she saw the pain Carly caused and could have had some useful things to say.

Now, if Skye was on the show, THAT would have been great too. She hates Carly, loves Jax, and was close to AJ. She would have been dynamite. Too bad she isn't back yet.

Archived