GH: July Discussion Thread

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, he does a great Irish accent, and I liked him more as Irish than American. He had a great silent moment when he was confronting Luke and he was watching Luke poor the glass of booze and he asked if Luke was drinking. You could really see the pieces fall into place for Lucky as the wheels were turning. Because it is JJ they were able to have a nice moment with a flashback of Luke, Lucky and Sonny drinking. I think all these stories were enhanced by JJ's presence.

I have no idea whether or not GV can do an Irish accent but right there is an acting skill that was needed. TC may have eaten JJ for lunch the last scene, but that is because TC and JJ himself wrote it that way as a showcase for TC. I bet you if you told JJ or TG you felt Jane Elliot was the best actor on the show they would agree with you. I liked GV but it took for a half a second to see JJ onscreen, and then he was Lucky again for me.

• Members

Really pretty much every scene JJ is in he is committed to, he works well with the performers opposite in and never throws a scene away even when they are written as garbage. You see his heart in virtually every scene given to him and that is more then can be said for nearly half of the cast including the 'veterans'. He is played as intended more or less, you can only do the best with the writing that you are given and when all is said and done JJ does a brilliant job with what he is handed out. I think his sensitive portrayal of the character is a bigger help to the character then it is a hindrance I feel more invested in Lucky then I have in years.

• Members

Brenda just walk out the door and leave this empty shell of a person that is Sonny Corinthois.

I'm surprised Guza didn't have Lulu raped so he could draw further comparisons between her and Laura and say that it was a transcendent storyline about the Spencer legacy or something.

Why is Olivia still stuck up on Sonny? I'm tired of Sonny and his harem of women who will destroy themselves and their entire lives for him.

Archived