DAYS: July Discussion Thread

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would kill if the episode ended with her walking outside and being struck dead with lightning.

days0714112.png

OMG, best moment of the episode! "And we want everyone to hate him. He's not as cute as we are"

days0714113.png

LMAO, may Nicole never dye her hair black. Their segment is really funny

• Administrator

Wow, I was disappointed. I thought it was going to be outrageous and funny.....but only a little bit was funny (mainly The Social Network scenes.....the twins! LOL). I thought the True Grit and Black Swan scenes were too serious. And what the heck was with the Roman scenes. I didn't get that at all. LOL It certainly wasn't campy enough. It was too tame. I thought it was going to be in the vein of Sunset Beach/Passions/OLTL parodies. If you're going to do parodies, go all out. Don't do it half way.

• Members

Todays episode felt like DAYS to me more than it has in a really long time; mainly any scene at the pub, it was extremely weird seeing all those people together in one room...but it worked. I loved the character interactions and to me it felt a lot like the old barbecues/get togethers the show used to have.

The spoofs were...odd. I was amused by a lot of what was going on but also found myself SMH a few times. I love that characters like Maxine, Justine, Adrienne, & Kinsey were used in this. All of the kids were good! LOVED anything related to "The Fighter", James Scott was hysterical as was Eric Martsolf. Molly Burnett was comedic gold and I loved her opposite Peter Reckell. Really didn't feel the Black Swan stuff with Hope and Maggie.

WTF was up with Roman? LOL! And hold up - DAYS actually went outside for this?! ohmy.gifohmy.gif Awesome. But I wish they didn't bring Josh Taylor out there to do it lol none of that really made sense to me.

Absolutely love all the current DAYS teens together. Abby's growing on me. Um why was Will doing a paper for class when he just graduated High School? LOL

• Members

I could've done without this episode! It looks like they were copying Passions but it didn't work. Passions thrived on this kind of stuff, but it just doesn't work for DAYS IMO. The only part I could tolerate was the non-spoofing parts when they were all at the pub together. And I'm gonna ask this again, even though I was practically shot down (and probably will be again) for mentioning it before. Where was Sonny? The teens were there and so were his parents. Why hide the kid when he could've been right there at the pub sitting at that table with the other teens. The entire dynamic of Sonny and the other teens is inexplicably off. Has Abby forgotten that her cousin is in Salem? She hasn't mentioned him to anyone since he first arrived. I would think that she'd at least say something like "Hey Chad, my cousin Sonny is in town and I'd like for you to meet him." But nope! Sonny remains out of sight and out of mind.

• Members

I do agree it was a mistake not having Sonny involved in any of this at all. It would've been a great way for viewers to get used to both the character and actor more. He easily could've been fit into the spoofs somehow, and I would've liked to see him with the rest of the teens. Oh well, I'm sure that's to come. We have plenty of time left in the Summer ;-).

Archived