DAYS: July Discussion Thread

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is in my signature. I think it is blogtalkradio/sourcewilliam tho (im not sure and on my work comp so i cant go to check)

Not usually. Typically, and it seems the case here too, what happens is the new writers will come in and look at what has already been written but not filmed and do some tweeking/rewriting to fit where they want to go. So likely they just edited and reworked scripts/storys that were written to lead into their stuff. they will likely be credited with Dena in rewritten shows, i would assume, before their solo stuff takes off. I believe there is about a month, from mid aud-sept, of them reworking denas stuff before the end of sept is their solo stuff, and they have teased it kicks off with a party so i would guess most rewrites had to do with leading into that. I would also guess at that party stories will be wrapped up/new ones will launch.

• Members

So... this Stephanie chick is supposedly still in town? Wow, usually only veterans get that kind of treatment. Maybe they're looking for a recast or something?

Dude has been taking care of himself, which is commendable.

• Members

Wait, what the hell was that Fashion Pictorial?! "Here are some photos of a random group of second-tier characters wearing beach cover-ups and jeans, and also, Vivian posing with some tchotckes from Pier One!"

I will say, that DiMera mansion set looks soooo much better with the lights turned down and not covered in insane pink filters.

• Members

This just makes me miss Dario! It's kinda irritating sticking him in with everyone while we know he's been axed. And of course someone had to stick the Sapphire Club in there for some inane reason.

It's also weird seeing Maggie and Melanie IN the DiMera mansion, if only for a photo shoot.

• Members

Yeah they would film twice as fast bc they were 30 minutes. They'd do half the year than go on break. It was cost effective and saved them money. I beleive this was only towards the end though and it didnt help much. The show got cancelled while on hiatus and they never let them come back to tape a finale so the show ended on a cliffhanger

• Members

I noticed the Dimera mansion looking good in the recent promo. BTW, Abby's hair looks AMAZING in those pics. Its been looking like sh-t since she joined but I noticed it better this week and in those shots, it looks good

• Members

Thanks for the info. I get that it saves them money but I think it's just too much. (And I personally think it's best if the extra time due to the half hour format is used towards more rehearsal and better production values instead of more episodes, but hey!). It's sad the show never got a finale.

Yep. I've said it before: Better lighting would do wonders for the show. Wonders.

Archived