Y&R-Another Actress Out??

• Members

Agreed. And when that day comes, what little shred of feeling I have left for Y&R will be gone completely.

But with everything that's going on over there, it's a blessing Jess is still around was the point I was trying to make.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can only hope that this is a temporary absence until they negotiate another one-year mini deal with her like they did last year. Because, dear god, Y&R without Nikki doesn't bear thinking about for me. :(

• Members

MAB always talks about how Victor and Nikki are the cornerstone of the show, but for some reason, whether it's her or someone high up at Sony, MTS is generally treated like crap. Poor, poor Jess. She sounds like some featured newbie day player talking about how wonderful it is to be working with the lead actors on the show. Just sad all around.

• Members

I fully agree. BUT: Jess has been made beyond irrelevant on Y&R whereas Nikki kind of had a second spring last year and it continued. This story is just too bizarre... Wasn't MTS just giving an interview a MONTH ago that Nikki would soon have a fling with another man besides Deacon?

• Members

I've never understood why contract negotiations with her are such a struggle, yet with Braeden, even though there has been some struggle in the past, he always triumphs. Why is he so prized over her. Personally, I find Nikki a much more interesting character and MTS more interesting to watch. To reflect what someone else said, she makes lemonade out of lemons, while I find him to be just lazy with the same tired bag of tricks.

• Members

Nelson Branco must be having a meltdown this week as someone mentioned. Crystal Chappell, Nadia Bjorlin, Tamara Braun, and now Melody Thomas Scott.

Out of all these really, MTS is the only one really worth saving. (no offense to CC or NB fans but they have been decimated by the writing at Days)

• Members

Not surprized why this news. MAB hates nikki. She has destoryed and degraded nikki over and over again To the point where nikki is no longer a character.

MTS deserves better than that crap. I love nikki/MTS but i would rather she doesn't return.i have no interest in watching nikki play prop and punchbag for victor.

I wish EB and his ego where leaving it is obivous he no longer gives a crap all he cares about his his character being number 1

• Members

How long until we hear again about how sad this is for "Auntie Ri Ri" and how she struggles. No one lets her have any control on her show. It's not fair!!11!

Y&R has no time for any strong female characters or any actresses who do not fit their agenda.

That basically leaves Michelle Stafford as a "strong" female character on this show, and Phyllis has become a monster.

The show will be happy because this might mean a few more dollars to hire Jessica Leccia as Isabella. Yay!

Archived