Y&R-Another Actress Out??

• Members

Well I know that MTS once had the highest Q rating in all of daytime, I don't know if Q ratings are relevant anymore. This woman must not have any friends behind the scenes at Y&R. $10,000 per episode would definitely put her in the Top 5 in daytime in terms of per episode dollars. Nelson's mole sounds like a writer. My first thought was Muhney, but I highly doubt he would know Melody's salary. Heck, if it is like any other corporate environment, and Y&R behind the scenes sounds like a warzone (I'm looking at you Stafford!) other actors may very well know what MTS makes.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Perhaps if we stop trying to pin the blame on the other actors (who btw are most likely currently taking paycuts while re-negotiating their own contracts)and stop drinking the MTS koolaid for a second, and think that she is really being a bit difficult and sly about her current situation. She decided to take Sony and the show on in public and on Twitter, so she reaps what she sows. And I am not even faulting her for that because I would like to see more Nikki. But the way MTS is acting right now reminds of that scene on the show where Sharon says "I am not like those people". :lol::lol: The show is very fortunate that Sony at this point in its company's history still wants to co-produce the show when they are probably letting go of their own people, asking for paycuts or not even giving their long-term employees raises.

I am always amused by the attacking of Michelle Stafford, Michael Muhney, Joshua Morrow and others around here, when I could just as easily say Sharon Case is probably dancing in her boots right now in some corner, because how in the heck can she the become the "lead star" and the next Nikki (if we still have the real Nikki getting front-burner story and people loving it) that she so covets!! :rolleyes::lol: The actors on the show are all divas, everyone of them. Some are very polite and nice about it and that's acceptable. But the point is they all want more screentime whether they are vets or newbies. I will always vote for the vets, always, but also as vets they more than anyone are seeing what is happening to the industry and its time for them all to put their own interests aside for a change and do what is best to keep it going.

Sadly for MTS, I think this is a negative for her because if she herself decides to leave I don't think any other show will have her because they can't afford her. But I think she realizes that she has nowhere else to go where she will get the recognition that she does now on Y&R. And I don't want her going anywhere, so she should get her off "high horse", take the bloody paycut, ask for more eppys so we can all see her a lot more. And we know she is soap royalty but even my great Queen of England cut back too. :lol:

• Members

Nelson Branco is absolutely unprofessional in many ways, some would say a disgrace, but do I think he would "make up" these details? Absolutely not. MTS is one of my favorite actresses, period, but I do believe this story. There could be more to it than meets the eye, of course. Jim I agree with you on most of your points. And yes, that entire cast sounds like a group of divas. But any actor wants to act, so can I blame them? Heck no. From what I have read over the years, Melody is not Ms. Warm and Friendly, but professional. She does not play the game behind the scenes or is part of the cliques. It is funny, for years I thought Y&R and AMC were the friendliest shows backstage in the 80's and 90's. I have come to learn that Y&R was always a horror show. lol

• Members

I don't see why not. Other actors have been trashed up and down and that was based only on what was said in his column, not anywhere else. That's what happened with Scott Evans and Brett Claywell.

There has been an agenda against older actresses at Y&R for several years now. MTS isn't a saint and probably isn't a team player, but I just don't buy that she is making twice as much as Eric Braeden and throwing some huge tantrum. For one thing, I don't believe Braeden would have gone to bat for her a few years ago if she made twice as much as he did.

• Members

Like you, I simply cannot stand Nelson Branco, I mean I can't stand him. But he is not making this up, but he has sensationalized it however :lol: ....it is what he does, sadly. And yep, backstage Y&R doesn't appear to be all that friendly, does it. Oh well, they better shape out because usually dissent, distrust and selfishness is what ends up bringing down a good corporation. And it all starts from the top!!!

• Members

See, I don't agree about the "ritual humiliation" part. Maybe it is because I like drama and angst and watching my favourite actors/actresses getting to play the part AKA doing their jobs. Though like everyone else I wouldn't mind seeing a happy Jill for like 6 months to a year!!! A year tops..after that I get bored!! :lol:

But I agree with most who say that it appears that there is a little ageism going on right now but I don't feel that is coming from MAB though. Even though I may not like her writing most times it does look like she likes to write for our vets when she can, the ones Bill Bell created. I just feel that CBS/Sony probably based on feedback and their bottom line are thinking that some of those vets can be used to show the "past" connection to the Y&R of yonder LOL!! While they finally move on to the next generation. I don't know if that is a good thing or not because no matter how you slice it, the soap audience is going away and the show doesn't have anything good, exciting or entertaining about it to get NEW VIEWERS in the pipeline or to watch the genre. It's like the country's deficit!! :lol: Perhaps, I shouldn't laugh about that last sentence.

• Members

The problem is that Y&R has decimated their next generation. It's basically a wasteland, and the only really popular new character or "legacy" character these days is Adam, which is based on the actor's PR more than the writing.

Characters like Nikki can and should be used to bridge the gap during horrible times for the show. She has before - like when LML was fired. But Sony or MAB or whoever see many of the longtime characters as unworthy. They just keep bringing in new pets and then opening the car door to toss them off into the woods before going to find some other pet.

• Members

I don't get why Branco all of a sudden is legit when it comes to MTS when he spent the whole weekend trashing Kristian Alfonzo. And use common logic. Who in their right mind believes MTS makes more than Braeden.

I am not a huge MTS fan but I don't blame her. Y&R has money to throw away at ABC actors (and not younger ABC actors by the way) but can't pay their vets?

• Members

Then let's blame it ALL on the WRITING as it so richly deserves!!! And on a HW and executive producer who makes comments like that the actress who plays Daisy POPS for her. :lol: If that is her bar for good storytelling and acting, we are screwed. A HW who hates to write romance and who has the attention-span of a gnat when it comes to telling plaguerized stories. The chemistry of the show right now is one of utter misery, everything about the show is miserable, depressing, unhappy and dark. There is not one bright moment where I have watched an honest smile lately. :( I mean can we get a nice joyful moment at least once a week, how hard is that LOL!!

For me, the fact that she keeps wanting to add new characters tells me a lot. It tells me she has no ideas and she just thinks if she adds new faces it appears as if she writing a new story. I mean she gets GF as a new character, and right from the start she is writing her as one apple short of a fruit basket...I am sure we have all seen this type of character before. :rolleyes: This is no time for MAB to be experimenting, she needs to get moving before Leslie Moonves utter these famous last words..."It's time". And he will do it, no matter how people will continue to utter the words of DENIAL, Y&R is #1, it will never be cancelled. :lol:

And JaneAusten, MTS probably makes more per episode than EB does but he has more shows. I would rather she have more shows but she is not going to get the same pay and a lot more eppys. She can't have both, not now. The show feels that they can bring in newer people for lot less per eppy per show. Sadly sometimes the people they bring in have the onscreen presence of slugs, and the ones that are actually good get the writing of slugs and do nothing for the show in return.

Archived