Y&R-Another Actress Out??

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well I don't believe her.

And I am sure she will be back onscreen when the show and those that run it thinks it is appropriate businesswise to put her back in considering their lack of taking stock of where they are w/her situation knowing it would come back to bite them in the bum when she is the midst of a good story. And perhaps she should have been taking stock of how they have used her as well. Melody has been in this business long enough, she knows how to play the game. :lol: She is not pulling the wool over my eyes, I am a fan of hers as well.

Now if she keeps this up, maybe she will need the fans a lot more than she thinks after all.

• Members

And it begins: Branco is reporting that Scott makes double what Eric Braeden does and that she will not renegotiate -- so the show needs to give her extended periods of time off. What's more, Scott knows full well that she'll be coming back.

• Members

Oh, I don't know any more than anyone else does :) Just saying I'm not surprised she's not a team player and would rather think of her own pocketbook than for the good of the show. Even the biggest divas (Lucci, Zimmer, Slezak, Strasser) willingly took paycuts for the sake of their shows while others offered to do so (Deidre) rather than be dismissed altogether. Like Nelson said, it's 2011 not 1989. Or even 1999.

• Members

Well, MTS says that she has taken several pay cuts over the years. Obviously, I don't know if that's true or not. I take what both sides say with a grain of salt. Still, MTS is speaking for herself, not using anon moles, so that makes me believe her side a little more. I'm sure the real truth lies somewhere in between.

• Members

I have a tough time believing she makes twice as much as what Braeden makes, and if Branco is saying it I have an even more difficult time believing it.

He should tell MAB and Sony that when they blow yet more money on overhyped "stars" who do absolutely nothing for the ratings.

• Members

This story is fascinating. Even IF MTS took pay cuts, there is lots to cut. Wasn't there that huge battle in 2001 (the last time when actors could actually increase their income) where Y&R was ready to write her out and she won in the end? Hence she INCREASED her salary closer to what EB was making...

I see MTS as very selfish and diva-ish but don't think that's Brancos version of the story is the truth. Theres NO WAY that she is making more than Eric Braeden and she definitely took a cut last year.

I just wonder what the difference between JW and MTS is 'cause La Walton really seems to have to a VERY low guarantee these days...

• Members

In today's economy and considering how ageist Hollywood is and how little work is out there for actors now, it's arrogant and stupid for me to say Melody should go if she gets anywhere near the "deal" Jess got, but I'll say it anyway. Jess rarely appears, and when she does, it's usually just so that Sheffer and the other woman-haters clogging up this show can give her another kick.

In 2009 this same routine started about these selfish actors who made so much and how they needed to take cuts because times are tough. Never did I hear anything about TPTB doing anything to cut costs. Instead they have continued to burn through money on costly and pointless hires, most of whom are out the door within 6 months and have actually lowered the ratings.

And here we are again. With "sources" trying to whip the plebians into a frenzy about these out of control, wildly paid megastars. Meanwhile, Sony and MAB are probably throwing money at any ABC name they can think of, as well as more "stars" like Sean Patrick Flannery who can sit around for a few months looking stupefied before they leave again.

Archived