Y&R: June Discussion Thread

• Members

Genie is writing the role as written. No more, no less. That property in Maine don't come cheap!

And while she isn't Cate Blanchett by any stretch, I am stunned that everybody is criticizing while Daniel Goddard eclipses everybody in terms of unconvincing, mediocre, laughably bad "acting."

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On the other end of the spectrum from DG: Tristan Rogers. He has this scene with Jess Walton in today's US episode, and Jill is kissing Colin and -- I just cannot buy that Colin secretly feels nothing for Jill! Maybe this is "bad" acting on his part, but both actors seem to love having material together and Colin seems totally into Jill, especially when he wraps his arm around her at the end of the scene and kisses her back.

• Members

Hahahha, I don't think anyone is saying Goddard is good... just that Genie tries too hard and she comes off as weird to me. But maybe that is because I've never seen her in any role before and this is how I see her. Meanwhile, Goddard is in a whole new level of bad.

• Members

1. We've been assured this role was tailor made for her. While it may be exactly what is written and what Y&RIIC want---I generally hate these over-the-top "stone cold bitch Mommy" roles. What's the difference between Phyllis-as-Sheila, Lauren-as-Sarah, Daisy, crazyJana, Patty or Phyllis and Genievive? None, that I can see. They're exactly the same tone, purpose and lines.

2. Goddard's suckitude is already well-documented.

• Members

Genevieve looked like a mama bird feeding regurgitated food to her baby bird.

Jess Walton was SUPERLATIVE yesterday. I have always liked her but she was top-notch on Friday and Monday. She owned the show from beginning to end. OWNED it.

THIS is Jill -- shades of the old 1970s innocent Jill, too. Not the wicked witch harpy that TIIC seem to think is so hilarious.

• Members

Jess Walton is the only good thing about this storyline. She is AWESOME.

Genie Francis is a terrible actress. Genevieve is written all wrong. Joan Collins, were she age appropriate, would have done a lot more with the character, Genie's not even trying to play her straight, it's totally over the top, eyes and nostrils flaring. Truly odd and unfortunate to watch.

• Members

Isn't it ALWAYS time for Victor's revenge? Doesn't the show realize how dull this is now, and how Victor declaring revenge for no apparent reason, right after the Abbotts gave Victor Colleen's heart, pretty much made these stories heinous?

Archived