Y&R: June Discussion Thread

• Members

Honestly I haven't been watching the show but i did watch today 's episode just to see Nikki 's meltdown MTS was amazing she really shines when she doesn't have to play Victor's constant prop,

I totally hate the whole nikki and her abuser relationship it is beyoud sick.

I am pissed that MAB and Co are trying to replace MTS with GF.

And yes i think MAB is a brain dead idiot she shouldn't be head of anything never mind head writer/producer.

I don't care about GF being on the show the only thing i ever saw her on was north and south and if i wanted to watch GH would have watch GH back in the day.

How much of a spike are MAB and Co hoping for with GF and all that freaking promoting and advestising.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I go in spurts with Y&R. I decided to tune back in for all the GF/DG whatever hype and well watched 2 days of it and I'm done. Just doesn't interest

me, GF didn't impress me(although I am sure she will do fine in the end), and I was not impressed with any of the 50th backstory for Cane. The only

thing remotely nice were the scenes with Colin/Jill/Neil/Lily which I found suprisingly good since I am no Lily fan but not interested because I don't

believe any one of those characters will get the amount of story in this storyline they should. And nothing else on Y&R these days is remotely appealing

sad to say. I for the life of me can't understand why DC continues to think this show is the best thing in the world but then they also think OLTL is

firing on all cylindars too. What do I know.

• Members

Two fashion moments I will never be able to bleach from my brain---Ashley's hideous curtain dress for Sophia's wedding, and a multi-colored patterned dress they stuck poor Maura in. It made her look three feet tall.

• Members

Although there was more than one hideous dress they stuck Maura in (I swear, there was one that looked like a prison matron dress from the '50's..) the one I'm thinking of was a smallish-print that resembled the twinkle Xmas lights on fabric. I believe they paired it with dark stockings, making her look like an Madonna reject from the '80's.

• Members

I saw Mary Hart wearing one of Diane's frocks - honest!....the day she was all 'Alexis Carrrington' after TEVN knighted her with that necklace. It was hot pink with an extra piece at the cleavage. I've said it before, ATWT had $2.50 for their ENTIRE budget and still had waaayyy better wardrobe!

• Members

^snort. But yeah...Maura could make some hideous Kmart cast off western shirt look like a million bucks. It took the idiots at Y&R six months to get the memo that she looks best in solid colors. But hey---at least after three months or so, they finally fit her well. The way they dressed MTS to look like a tired drag queen was shameful.

• Members

I think that Jill and Katherine are two main characters that 'jumped the shark' a long long time ago. JW's Jill is very far from the glamourous sexy 'new rich' vicious vixen that Brenda Dickson gave life to, she was remarkable in this role. JW's Jill is a never ending neurotic menopausal fast talking angry witch. I still can´t get used to JW's Jill and never will, but now Jill is really unbearable with all the lousy silly writing going around, add Katherine to the mix and it is a FastF moment all the way.

• Members

I've actually been enjoying the show this past few weeks Minus Lilly of course.

We have gotten Abbott drama, a little Newman, and a lot of Australians.

The show has been more balance lately. It just seems weird.

Archived