Y&R: June Discussion Thread

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Um, chill out. It's a free country and we can say as we please on the boards. If you don't like it, you're welcome to disagree- that's what makes the U.S. so great. As far as it being in the title of the thread, that's happened quite often on here- I've done it before and other posters have as well. It's not my fault that Y&R is nothing but suckage right now- blame MAB, Sheffer, and Hamner. Hell, if this were 2003, I wouldn't have even considered putting something like that in the title of a Y&R thread. But now? In this day and age? You bet your butt I'm gonna call Y&R out on the crap they've become.

It warms my heart knowing that the Y&R interns, PR people, hell, maybe Sheffer, Hamner, and MAB themselves can visit SON all month and see what the majority of the posters on here think of the show right in the title of the thread! I'm sorry that you find it offensive, but frankly, I don't really care.

It says nothing in the SON rules of conduct that we can't post opinions we have of the shows in the title of the thread- it's allowed and I'm not the first to do it. So I won't refrain from doing it in the future if I so choose. Who are you to tell anyone what is and is not appropriate to put in a lousy thread title? Aren't there more important things you could be worrying about? Like, maybe, the horrible quality of these shows because the people in charge either don't give a damn or are washed up and are sending our beloved soaps to their deaths? As I said, maybe someone in charge will come on the boards and see it staring at them right in the title, not just the posts.

As for setting the "negative" tone of the thread, ummm, have you visited the Y&R threads for the past 2 years? Because there hasn't been a truly positive comment since MarkH posted here, and even he eventually gave up on it.

Ummmmm, it's not his obligation nor automatically his thread to post. Any one of us can come on here and post the monthly/weekly thread for the shows, and I've posted Y&R's many times in the past.

Now, can we all get over it and get back on topic? Meaning, discussing what a total and utter crapfest this show has turned into the past few years? Thank you. :)

• Members

I know that some would say that those who enjoy Y&R were pushed away from SON, but still, it says a lot that the only thing of interest to talk about regarding the show is the wording of the thread starter.

• Members

I have to wonder if Sharon reading all the comments about her on Facebook memorial page is just MAB channeling herself reading all the criticism of her work online. ^_^

It's funny I just commented a couple weeks ago that unlike for all of 2010 and the second of half of 2009 that show was becoming slightly more tolerable and had those occasional moments. Well now I'm thinking I might have to jump the gun too soon with whats going as well as some weird spoilers I've read.

• Members

I agree that the show is terrible. I tried viewing in real time today, and I found it absolutely unwatchable. And do TPTB have some kind of axe to grind with Jess Walton? Seriously, for her age, she's a beautiful, sexy, vibrant woman, yet they dress her in the most unflattering clothes.

• Members

The people at Y&R now hate older women so it will just get worse and worse.

Genie looks great but then I thought she looked good on GH too...if she gains any weight back they will probably dress her like Mama Cass.

Is there anyone anywhere who can make sense of the Cane story? The main thing I keep hearing people ask about is why Phillip knew about none of this with Cane's evil twin or sister or mother.

• Members

Please, you and me both. The whole thing is just totally incomprehensible. Something about some Australian mafia and an evil twin. Today Colin mentioned a daughter Samantha I don't ever recall them mentioning before. And I have no idea how any of this ties in with Phillip. If someone could explain LOL, that would be great. In fact, none of the stories seem to make any sense or follow any logic.

• Members

Precisely. The show has devolved into an absolute mess. The title is appropriate.

They've been dressing Jess poorly for years. She has hips, she's ALWAYS had hips and yet since 2005 she's been dressed out of the bargain bin at Dress Barn. Jane Eliot is dressed beautifully at GH and that is a style that would be appropriate on Jess. Suits, on the whole, would look great on her, as would gypsy style tops, A line skirts, the list goes on.

Why they insist on dressing her in jackets that end RIGHT BEFORE HER HIPS is beyond me. It makes no sense. She looks terrible and there's no way anyone will convince me that she's happy looking like she does on screen. She's not fat, they dress her like she's a hippo.

• Members

That's because this whole rewritten backstory is a giant void of SUCK. Pretty much sums up Cane's character in general. Daniel Goddard is a horrible actor and that was evident in yesterday's backstory scenes. Caleb is piss-poor and so full of annoying ticks, he's making Stafford and Miller jealous. Honestly, they should have stuck with that initial "I'm in" moment way back in LML's run and had DG play a con artist trying to swindle Jill and the Chancellors. Because at the back of every audience member's mind (save for the most loyally blind Lame fan) is this sneaking suspicion that Cane is a lying snake. Heck, Monk cast him as a killer in one episode and with good reason. DG is incapable of portraying sincerity.

I've got to wonder... who is he blowing over there? This guy has been forced upon us as a good-hearted hero for years. The need to constantly rewrite and rewrite and rewrite his history in order to prop up his weak ass (and at the expense of a legacy character like Philip no less) should be ringing alarm bells. This is his fourth or fifth "this time it's for real" backstory. He's not working. It's not working. Rewrites are making it a hundred times worse. Just cut your losses before you besmirch the stellar acting reputations of Tristan Rogers and Genie Francis, too.

Archived