Y&R: June Discussion Thread

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

*snort* When are TIIC going to learn, you can never backtrack and let a psychotic out into society and expect anyone to see them as "normal".

I love Maura...but I hate sitting through this crap. Seeing Diane become more and more marginalized hurts.

• Members

I SO agree. It's kind of ironic that for once, you can't blame the writing. I mean yeah, the writing is bad, but Genie is all kinds of over the top and ridiculous in the part. You're right about Joan because she would underplay a role like this, which is exactly what it needs. Genie's running around like a hot mess- I'm waiting for her to start casting spells and shriek about houses falling on her. It's a performance you would see in Alice in Wonderland or Snow White....well, community theater productions of them anyway. She sticks out like a sore thumb on Y&R and not at all in a good way.

Depressing to think that the subtle, multi-layered Maura is departing while the shrieking caricature that Genie is playing probably ain't goin anywhere. Ugh!

• Members

Bad role, bad actress. Genivieve actually makes Phyllis look sane. Maybe that's TIIC's strategy. But somehow I doubt it. I can't see Genie lasting more than six months. Not tied to the albatross that is Cane. I don't see GF being happy she's trotted out twice a month either. Tristan Rogers can't have averaged much more than that.

But I will say Genie speaks French beautifully.

• Members

The role is just not for her. She's no bad actress but very one note. She has always reminded of Adrienne Frantz: actress with charisma perfect for the role she grew up to be famous for but apart from she's lacking versatility. That campy bad assing is just not fit for Genie...

• Members

Um, fellow Maura fans may not want to watch today's (US) episode if they don't want to see Grambo hurl Diane's body double out of the ambulance. :(

Other than that, the baby case gets wrapped up today. All I can say is, Phyllis is a serioulsy unhinged, evil sociopath who loves stealing other people's toys. I cannot BELIEVE Y&R are writing their model employee this way.

And I do not understand, after Phyllis instructs Leslie to go after Daniel like a rottweiler, why the useless Rafe doesn't bring up her crazy-ass/stalker/loonybin/jail past in retaliation.

• Members

Nope. And there's a scene afterwards where Diane walks into her GCAC hotel room with a limp and holding her bruised jaw. Like a battered wife or something. I'm sure TIIC thought that looked hilarious but Maura played it like it really hurt. Then Prickolas walked in and told her how much he hated her and was over her etc etc blah blah.

Run to Primetime, Maura! You are a trooper but you deserve so much better than this ish.

Archived