Y&R: June Discussion Thread

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, in interviews, Maura's said she and Scott decided to move to LA after ATWT was canceled. That's where the work is. I guess she considered trying to fly out for auditions, but talking with Lesli Kay convinced her it would be too hard with her small children.

I would hope Maura would have better sense than trying GH.

• Members

I'll be totally honest here and tell you that for me, Maura's Diane doesn't come across as savvy and intelligent because of her voice, looks, and pattern of speech (the blonde hair doens't help). Alex Donnely had a voice and pattern of speech that reminds one of an anchorwoman, she spoke in a way that made you KNOW she wasn't dumb in any way. I do think Maura is wickedly talented, but again, not quite right for this role. Susan Walters was FINE as Diane as well, the way she spoke and carried herself was believeable.

• Members

She was fine because she was flat out imitating Alex Donnelly, plain and simple. It was a pretty damn good imitation though, as she made her voice even seem eerily similar to Donnelly's.

To Maura's credit, she didn't try to imitate anybody- she simply put her own stamp on the role.

• Members

I liked Walters as Diane.Ive seen her get hate from the online community simply bc she wasnt Donely but I thought she did just fine and was beleviable as Diane. Id rather they had brought her back considering she played Diane earlier last year

• Members

Woah, woah, woah, nobody went "there" (comparing Maura to Shattuck) and I don't think it was even implied. Shame on you for even mentioning that name.

And PLEASE, don't ever begin another post with Brenda Epperson being "boring" as Ashley. Epperson was luminous, talented, beautiful, mesmerizing- she was anything but boring. She will always be THE definitive Ashley for me. I'd take her back over Davidson in a nanosecond.

Archived