Y&R: June Discussion Thread

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The chair scene and the dialogue was such a blatant ripoff of that now iconic scene and Victor's wink was ridiculous. Reminds me of how MAB/Sheffer/Hamner redid their own scenes with Phyllis in the maid's uniform writing "I hate myself" in Sharon's mirror only to twist and rewrite the original meaning of those scenes.

• Members

I'm just glad we don't have to go through months of Sofia lying and Olivia helping her. Olivia stuck being a confidante to Sofia in her lame ass triangle is some crap.

Sharon and Sam have no chemistry in my eyes. I'll be glad when Sharon takes her sorry ass home.

• Members

There was Cameron Kirsten, Frank Barret (Cassie's Father), Diego, she had a minor thing with Victor. . . Sharon has always slept around, but when Nick did it with Grace twice, and Phyllis, it was a double standard.

• Members

Sharon had relationships with men, but that was part of the storyline and there were other facets to the character. She was a mother, a daughter, she had a job. Now she is essentially a brain dead slut who can't remember how many men she's been with, the paternity of her child, that she even has children. She has to "get away" by cuddling a lamb and humping a comatose farmer. Until MAB and Sheffer, we were never told to see her as a "wounded bird," as Hamner or MAB called her. It's degrading and pathetic, the idea that this poor creature is so fragile that she can't help being a turnstile.

• Members

They redid it back last year during that now infamous nightmare/dream episode that Ashley and Sharon had which sorta reintroduced Skye. The original explanation was Phyllis wrote "I hate myself" because she hated Sharon and wanted to make it seem Sharon was crazy yet at the same time Phyllis hated herself which is why she spoke the words. The new explanation ignored the Phyllis part aside from her writing and suggested it be something Sharon would truly write because she deep down had an inferiority complex and had no self-respect.

Eh this whole Sofia story is boring and I'm sorry I do like Mitchell and Sofia but she isn't the strongest actress to be a lead. I can't wait for Leslie to get involved in this if they remember Neil is suppose to be dating her.

Cane and Chloe need to reunite and then DIE together, for real too.

Colin and Jill are still :wub: to me.

• Members

Thanks for finding those.

You can really feel the heavier influence of Rauch and Sheffer in that second clip. Everything is laborious, and the acting is shockingly bad.

The first clip, which was earlier in their run, when "Auntie Ri Ri" may have still had more interest than getting the press to pat her on the back, had much better music, was much more ambiguous, subtle, and Michelle Stafford was really making an effort.

Imagine what Y&R might be with a writer who did not hate the show, hate soaps in general, hate storytelling, and hate women.

• Members

The first clip is what happened, the second clip is Sharon's dream...it's not "redoing" the scene to change the initial meaning of what Phyllis did, it's Sharon's feelings at the time, when she was having that nightmare, and imagining more than what actually happened, and imagining Phyllis writing on the mirror. I don't see it as a "new explanation" of the scene at all.

Archived