Y&R: June Discussion Thread

• Members

Ashley's angles (one of the best aspects of the character) are all Eileen. Brenda is a very passive actress which helped the recast process but worked against the character itself.

The Blade story was terrible but Brenda played Ashley like a beauty pageant winner.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I prefer Brenda's Ashley, even though Eileen is the most consistent in the role. Brenda was just one of those special actresses that you could not help but fall in love with the moment you saw her. Pretty, soft-spoken, solid actress.

I agree that she and Diamont were gold together. Despite the fact that they never officially hooked up during that time, I feel like that pairing was a perfect example of a classic soap romance, A tall dark handsome man falls in love with a beautiful blonde pretty girl. I loved how during the classic Y&R mid-bumpers in the early 90's Don and Brenda shared a bumper together and he of course had the shirtless pose, and while she wore that blue dress, all you can see was her Bare Back,Pretty Hot if i do say so myself! Here is an example:(starts at 7:32)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL_vHyzW-Sg&feature=related

I would also like to know more about this scene were Brenda's Ashley destroys a pillow, Was this the end of the Blade/Rick story. I also think Brenda had the bess chemistry with Jess Walton from what i have seen.

• Members

She was very nice and friendly from what I remember. Busy with a lot of people around but still had time to hug me. I tried looking for the pic I have of her in the car she rode with a big banner displaying "The Young and the Restless' Ashley Abbott".

• Members

Victor was on his best behavior today, he bought the trio champagne and engaged them in cagey conversation.

I don't think macho man Victor will appear as long as Adam is present. He had a free pass from Adam last time he hit him he may not get another.

Victor knows he could end up more injured than Diane if he attempts anything physical with Adam. I have a feeling Victor may stick to banging up the ladies from now on.

• Members

This was at the very end of the Blade/Rick story. Right after Rick had revealed himself to her and gloated with smug satisfaction that she kept begging him for more in bed, when she never did that with Blade... it was pretty vicious and cruel, actually. Then after, she went up to her bedroom, and there was a plate with an apple and a paring knife that she had been eating earlier, and she picked up the knife and was contemplating what he had done to her (the idea was to make the viewer think she was going to attempt suicide) then she fianlly broke down and let out all her anger on her pillow, stabbing it repeatedly and screaming like a mad woman. Jill was out in the hall, rushed in and wrestled the knife away from her and calmed her down.

Archived