Y&R: June Discussion Thread

• Members

There is no big secret in dressing for hips and curves. Anything tailored is key. A one-button blazer that nips in at the waist, coupled with a pencil skirt that stops just at the knee (pencil skirts make hips look phenomenal without negating them). Some black patent, round-toe heels that elongate the leg. Some Spanx. Both BD and JW rocked that office femme fatale look for years.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cane went from having no family to having a full damn family. All that's missing are some pets. I could see how Phillip wouldn't know about Cane having a family. Cane said he had no family and Phillip took his word for it. Besides, Phillip had his own lies/secrets to focus on.:lol: But when Cane's latest pack of lies/secrets come out, all will forgive him as usual.:rolleyes: Shame TR and GF are propping such a lousy character/actor.

• Members

Well look at this, it seems Y&R does know how to Jess Walton...they just only do it once a decade. This is exactly the outfit Cat's described and look at how great Jess looks.

The office femme fatale look is Jill's signature. Why the hell that was ever abandoned is beyond me.

• Members

First of all, that scene rocks because Jill = the Voice of the Audience!

She looks better than she has recently, sartorially speaking. Her blazer is much too big for her, though, and they have pinned it awkwardly at the cleavage and too tightly around the stomach. It needs to be taken in around the shoulders and breasts but still fan out lightly over the hips. Just my $0.02. :)

• Members

Didn't mean to burst your bubble, DF. :lol: For what it's worth, the cakefight outfit was the best Jill has looked in years. And it's not just JW who gets a rotten deal. MTS's wardrobe is routinely too short and tight for her, ScarecrowToria looks a hot mess always, even Phyllis and Abby (arguably the better dressed of the ladies) get some horrendous stuff thrown their way once in a while. Remember Phyllis in Thailand and the open-back white shirt which exposed her black bra? Yeah. That was styled purposely that way.

Speaking of MTS... OMG, I love drunken Nikki. She let rip into Deacon and her AA group, but before that she told Victor to [!@#$%^&*] off, too. And it was GLORIOUS. That !@#$%^&*] Braeden tried to have the last word in and mess up her scene but he failed and MTS walked away triumphant.

• Members

Isn't it pathetic that with Y&R's budget, still the highest in daytime, all the women are styled so poorly? Jess is styled the worst, but MTS isn't far behind, the wardrobe department slaughters those two.

DAYS has a rock bottom budget, but by in large the women are styled beautifully.

Money can't buy you class Y&R.

• Members

I think Cane was originally suppose to be a con man but LML changed her mind because Daniel Goddard/Cane became popular. Then Maria decides to undo it, but instead of just making Cane a conniving fraud she brought Phillip 3 back from the dead just to say "it's my fault". Cane's reason at first was because he wanted a family, then it became because he was running away from the cattle mafia, who wanted 5 million dollars and brought Blake to get it out of Cane. The head of the cattle mafia is Cane's father who didn't exist until Maria decided she needed more stunt casting. He also has a twin brother, a dead sister, and a mother who's totally not Laura Spencer.

This is just like the Terroni storyline that would never end and in a way it's presence still lingers on the show. Daisy rapes Daniel, she gets knocked up and Billy buys her baby on the black market. Phyllis, Billy, Victoria are now fighting over the baby.

Archived